View Full Version : Motiv Ascent Solid

rickzakrajsek
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Ascent Solid---
INNER CORE: Recon™
COVERSTOCK: MOTIVator-Z™ Solid Reactive
FINISH: 1000 Wet Sand
15# SPECS: RG: 2.59, DIFF: .025

What a great addition at a great price point. I understand it’s difficult to always go out and buy a new ball at $200+ every time something new comes out. If you’re a beginner or mid level player you don’t always need or sometimes can’t even handle the high end premium pieces. That’s what so nice about the Ascent line of equipment by Motiv. This ball like its pearl counterpart is far from what you would expect from an entry level ball for the price of an entry level product. The Ascent solid brings decent length with the smooth transition and reaction off the back of the pattern. It’s not jerky nor over reactive but provides a smooth curved arc to the pocket. To me this piece is very controllable and predictable. Its strong in the oil yet not overly flippy which gives the mid range player as well as beginner the control they need while providing the hitting power seen in some upper end releases. Its controllability is also enticing to the higher average and higher rev players as it provide a predictable roll and arc to the pocket. This ball is by no means your low end entry level ball. For the money it something you may want to add to your collection. For me the pearl fits my needs for dryer conditions or shorter oil patterns but when there is carry down you still need something that’s not going to give you too much over under..This is your piece…
Rick Zakrajsek
Motiv Staff Ohio
WWW.MOTIVBOWLING.COM