PDA

View Full Version : Bowling last squad of the day. Any advice?

ashpie25
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
i am bowling in vegas and i am bowling on the last squad of the day (meaning no re-oiling of the lanes). any advice as to how to attack such lanes.

Arsenal:

Storm-Natural Pearl
Strom- Anarchy
Storm- Thunder Struck
Stom- Attitude Shift

billf
07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Natural Pearl all the way. You didn't say what style you bowl but judging by the arsenal I'm guessing either stroker or tweener. Personally, when they lanes dry up I use the Natural Pearl straight up 3. Once they get too dry for that I shift and go 10 to 3. Good luck and please give an update on how you made out and what line you had success with.

The German Shepherd
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I would start with the Anarchy and see how it reacted playing inside-out. If the middle boards are too dry, then the Natural is the way to go...

Jay

i am bowling in vegas and i am bowling on the last squad of the day (meaning no re-oiling of the lanes). any advice as to how to attack such lanes.

Arsenal:

Storm-Natural Pearl
Strom- Anarchy
Storm- Thunder Struck
Stom- Attitude Shift

TheSheibs
07-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Watch the people who bowl before you and see what they are throwing and how the lane starts to change the balls reaction. Especially during their last game for the day. You will probably see them start to adjust and change balls and such. I think from watching them and knowing how each one of your balls reacts, you will be able to pick the right one for the conditions and then keep in mind that they are going to get drier during your games as well.

Stormed1
07-13-2012, 04:25 AM
You'll pretty much be searching for head oil and then match up the ball you throw with what you find. You will probably be deep with the Thunderstruck or Natural

ashpie25
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM
thanks for the info!!! Im bowling this weekend, i will let you guys know how it goes!!!

ashpie25
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
UPDATE:

I didnt bowl so well. My series was 558....

could have done better but lacked the confidence in my game...thanks for the advice