PDA

View Full Version : Alpert, Galante, Guerrero and Jablonski win Sport Bowling national high average award

onefrombills
10-28-2008, 09:03 PM
By Gene J. Kanak
USBC Communications

The United States Bowling Congress membership awards department has declared Bryan Alpert, North Hills, Calif., Ashley Galante, Palm Harbor, Fla., Clara Guerrero, Pflugerville, Texas, and Adam Jablonski, Sterling Heights, Mich., the 2007-08 Sport Bowling national high average award winners.

Alpert, Guerrero and Jablonski are all first-time winners while Galante led her category for a USBC-record fourth consecutive season.

Galante won the 2007-08 award by leading all female youth Sport Bowlers with a 204.18 average during the Monday Night Youth Sport Bowling league at Classic Lanes in Pikeville, Ky.The 2007 Team USA member averaged 206 en route to the 2006-07 title after winning in 2005-06 and 2004-05 by averages of 200.71 and 194.05, respectively.

"I'm just as happy and excited to win this year as I was the first year; that doesn't change," Galante said. "I put a lot of time, hard work and dedication into my bowling, so it feels great to see that pay off by being able to lead the country. It's unbelievable."

Jablonski, this year's male youth winner, echoed many of the same sentiments.

"It's an awesome feeling to know that I was number one in the whole country," Jablonski said. "I got into Sport Bowling because house leagues just weren't much fun for me anymore, so to do that and still be successful enough to win this award is really a prestigious honor."

Alpert and Guerrero earned their places on the podium by honing their skills in local PBA Experience competition. Alpert won the adult male award by establishing a 232.60 average while Guerrero, a strong international competitor and exempt bowler on the 2008-09 PBA Women's Series, captured the adult female mark at 203.60.

To be eligible for the Sport Bowling national high average award, members must have bowled a minimum of 48 games in a certified Sport Bowling league during the 2007-08 season.

Alpert and Guerrero will receive the distinctive Sport Bowling Crystal Pin award, symbolic of their accomplishments. Jablonski and Galante will receive USBC Youth medals and certificates.

Sport Bowling membership hit an all-time high of 31,582 in 2007-08, up more than 13 percent from the 27,834 of 2006-07. Those members bowled in 892 leagues, up from 693 in 2006-07.