PDA

View Full Version : Vintage bowling ball bags?

Dan30
07-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Hey people, I'm sure you have better things to talk about... However, some good people on this site took their time to help me out with the purchase of my first ball, and now I'm looking to store/transport that ball in something. I'm kinda old school and found a vintage mint condition leather bowling bag that just clicked with me. It has a wire rack inside that holds the ball. I'm just wondering if there is any harm that can be done to a reactive resin ball by storing it on that rack long term, versus a modern bag? If this is a stupid question, or I've posted this in the wrong place, I definitely apologize. Thanks for the help, glad you guys are here. I'd be lost otherwise...

GeorgiaStroker
07-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Modern reactive balls are much softer than the old hard rubber balls they used to keep in those wire rack bags. I wouldn't store it long term in one but you could probably use it to carry it back and forth in. Wherever you store the ball, if you're not using it much it's a good idea to rotate the ball every so often

Dan30
07-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey, I appreciate the input. I'll probably look for a different bag... and will do on the rotation. Thanks for your time and help. -Justin

billf
07-14-2012, 12:48 AM
I would just try putting a foam pad on the rack. Now, are you 70s leisure suit kind of old school or whoop a kids rear end when bad kind of old school? Oh wait, that might be the same generation. How about, grease your hair back and wear a leather jacket kind of old school? lol