PDA

View Full Version : Another League Night, Another Fight

ursus
07-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Couldn't any more possiblbly happen. Another big fight between different members of the team tonight causing 2 of the members to leave halfway through the second game. Great big altrication causing a cussing and pushing match. If it wasn't so embarrassing it was almost funny to watch. Beyond that the pinsetter was all kinds of messed up, pins were falling over on the racks, missing pins. There were 4 different leagues there tonight and we were the absolute last ones to leave. We even had to switch lanes in the middle of the 3rd game because the piinsetter couldn't manage to set a playable rack. With all that still managed to throw some good games. Can't wait to get this season over with and on to a new team in the fall.

Hampe
07-17-2012, 04:49 AM
Lol.....how did that team get selected? Do people just sign up and get randomly put together on teams?

ursus
07-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Someone I knew, knew 2 others that wanted to play.

ursus
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
League nights now are kind of like a box of chocolates (what movie? anyone)

billf
07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Forrest Gump

billf
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Maybe you should make like Forrest and run Ursus, run

billf
07-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you wear a referees shirt as your bowling shirt on these league nights?

got_a_300
07-17-2012, 03:28 PM
ursus if I were you I'd be hunting some new team mates for the fall
season and forget about the ones that you bowl with now. I'm doing
the same thing myself as I'm putting together a new team for the fall
season as the ones I bowled with last fall never showed up half of the
time.

We only had a full team there about 4 weeks total out of 32 weeks last
fall and I never missed a week myself. The ones I'm bowling with on the
summer leagues one of them I'll never bowl with again that's for sure as
they like to run their mouth too much and try to tell you how to bowl even
though you are out bowling and out scoring them every week.

The advice they try to put off on you as 100% correct is totally incorrect about
99.9% of the time so I just nod my head like I'm really listening to them and
then go about my regular way of doing things.

ursus
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Got a message today that 2 of them won't be back for the rest of the season. Big relief, I would rather take the crappy score and have less drama than to deal with some new altrication every week.

Tampabaybob
07-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Bowling in a league is supposed to be an enjoyable nite out even if it's a big competitive money league with lots of competition. I feel bad for you having to put up with that kind of crap when you're trying to bowl well and enjoy your nite out. It's somewhat hard to find a good team that all of the personalities match. My Thursday nite team has gone through a couple of bowlers over the last two seasons but all in all we all get alone and have a good time. We were not the best team in the league this year but came together at the end, all bowling well, to win the league roll-off. Compatibility, respect for others and camaraderie is what makes a good team.

Bob