PDA

View Full Version : Iceman Must be Near

ursus
07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Because my house is cooling off. New AC unit is installed and starting to pump out nice cold air:D:D:D:D

billf
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear it. Given the heat lately I was worried about you and your family as heat related illnesses and even death seem to creep up on people.

ursus
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Glad to hear it. Given the heat lately I was worried about you and your family as heat related illnesses and even death seem to creep up on people.

Thanks for the concern. It was uncomfortable to say the least over the past few days. But the new unit is working good

MICHAEL
07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Bear,,,, Wow, its been a BEAR,,, (no pun intended), here in Kansas City! I meant it about coming up to my place,,, I have a 35 foot camper you, and your family could have stayed in until the Air came back on!! Stay COOL...... ICEMAN!!

got_a_300
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear your back in the cool zone now ursus!!!!

Now I can not figure out how we got by back in the
old days without any air conditioning in our homes
and in our cars. :confused:

I know back in the late 60's and during the early 70's
I would buy new/used cars without any air on them
just because it took a little bit of horsepower away from
them. That was what it was all about back then having
all the horsepower you could get out of a car and not worry
about being cool or worry about the gas mileage just about
the power and speed.

ursus
07-18-2012, 03:54 PM
I grew up on the Oregon Coast where AC wasn't really needed in homes or cars. I had a Toyota truck when I moved to Texas that didn't have AC in it and I think that year they set a record for the number of consecutive days over 100. I would get home every day just dripping in sweat, and it was really bad if there was a traffic jam.

J Anderson
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I grew up on the Oregon Coast where AC wasn't really needed in homes or cars. I had a Toyota truck when I moved to Texas that didn't have AC in it and I think that year they set a record for the number of consecutive days over 100. I would get home every day just dripping in sweat, and it was really bad if there was a traffic jam.
My first car was a Ford Granada, no A.C., no power steering, 4sp manual transmission, and maroon vinyl seats. No one ever asked to borrow it a second time!

ursus
07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Sometimes the good old days weren't all that good. Modern conveniences have improved things considerably in some areas

MICHAEL
07-18-2012, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=J Anderson;48028]My first car was a Ford Granada, no A.C., no power steering, 4sp manual transmission, and maroon vinyl seats. No one ever asked to borrow it a second time

Mind me asking what year that Ford Granada was?

J Anderson
07-18-2012, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=J Anderson;48028]My first car was a Ford Granada, no A.C., no power steering, 4sp manual transmission, and maroon vinyl seats. No one ever asked to borrow it a second time

Mind me asking what year that Ford Granada was?

1978, I bought it second hand in 1980