PDA

View Full Version : Worst Team Mates you have had?

ursus
07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
With all the issues I have had with team mates this summer got me wondering what are some of the worst experiences others have had with their team mates

billf
07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Our mixed league we had/have a team member that went for a smoke DURING a game. I was livid. She is slow, gabby and never ready when it's her turn. We tried to get her to quit our team and join her husband's but she doesn't want to.

The German Shepherd
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
I used to bowl with an arrogant guy who drank way to much and loved making people feel stupid. Bowled on his team for a couple of year and when I switched to a different team I never missed him...

Jay

MinnesotaBowler
07-17-2012, 07:55 PM
A couple years ago in a youth league I was in, we had a kid on our team (probably 15 or 16) who would get really pissed about his game and one time he just sat at the table and wouldn't talk to anyone and refused to take his turn. Finally I just removed his name from the scores and carried on with my bowling!

Hampe
07-18-2012, 04:29 AM
I've only played on three different teams so far, and I've been lucky enough to get along with all the teammates I've had. If I had to pick a "worst" one it would have to be my dad :). He gets pissed pretty easily sometimes and either hits stuff or himself(!). But I still enjoy playing with him (hey, he's my dad).

RoccoRock
07-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I have a teammate who gets too drunk. Sometimes he's drunk, or high before even getting to the bowling alley. He also tries to give me advice on how to bowl, and it's usually the worst advice ever.

billf
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
My doubles partner also bowls two other leagues with me. He looked at me a few weeks ago and said, "What the hell am I doing wrong?" After making sure he wanted an answer and wasn't just saying it rhetorically out of frustration, I told him. "Why didn't you say something if you saw it." Now I've been bowling with him since I first started 7 years ago. He knows that I won't say squat unless asked. At state this past year he started to tell me what to do (even after we agreed on the strategy I was using) and I told him off right there in front of everyone. I don't want and won't give unwanted advice. He got a little upset earlier this year when his wife (my best friend for the last 10 years) asked me to help her. He knows he doesn't have the patience to instruct her nor the ability.

TheSheibs
07-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Last winter was the first league I bowled in for the last 11 years. Just couldn't bowl in a league while serving in the Coast Guard and being deployed or out to sea as much as I was. So in this league I got stuck on a team who were all over 60 years old. I didn't mind that one bit. However, there was one guy that would just get on everyone's nerves. First, he didn't really have any lane courtesy. If he were up, he would grab his ball and throw it even with someone on a lane next to him already on the approach and about to take their first step. The second thing he did that was really annoying was telling you that it is your turn if you were not getting up or already up immediately after the person before you finished. And if you didn't get up right when he said something to you, he would sit there and just stare at you until you did. He also had possibly the worse style I have ever seen. His style includes dropping the ball every time right at the foul line. He was so freaking annoying that I am so glade he is not in the league I am in this summer and hope he is never again in any league I am in. I even asked other people who have bowled with him before. They all have talked to him about these things but he seems to just not care at all.

Greenday
07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
In my current league, my friend and I got a random partner. His average is higher than ours, but lately he's been awful. That's not really the problem though. Every time he finishes a frame or two, he runs outside to smoke his cigars. We are constantly waiting for him. He never stops talking. It'll be my turn to bowl and he'll keep talking and talking. Even when I get my ball and get ready to throw, he'll keep talking. His advice isn't the greatest either. The other night my ball just kept hitting high so he told me to throw it slower. Throw it slower? It'll miss the pocket completely! Then my friend doesn't throw a normal hook for a righty. She does that weird throw with her right hand where she kinda cranks her hand back and her ball hooks right instead of left. I've been trying to work on it with her, letting her know that the pocket for her isn't the normal side for righties and how to move to adjust where her ball will go. Our partner will start trying to tell her stuff that just doesn't apply to her shot and I want to tell him to shut up so badly. I'm coaching her, not him.