PDA

View Full Version : Question on V.G. Nanno and spinner/polish/sanding

MICHAEL
07-19-2012, 01:32 PM
As some of you know I now have my spinner, and I have a question! How does polish effect sanding grit. I was thinking about doing a 300, up to 500 girt, then two layers of High gloss polish! What I want it more kick in the last few feet! I use to have that with my Undefeated, but not so much anymore.
Does polish, high gloss, and or low gloss, effect the sanding applied?

billf
07-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes it smooths the grit out. What is it sanded to now?

MICHAEL
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
1200,,,, and unless the lanes are dry, it dosen't seem to break that much at the last few feet! The Nanno has never had that big kick at the end like the Undefeated. Now the undefeated is getting weak at the end also. It use to have such a sharp kick angular momement into the pocket. I just wonder what is the best sanding/polish to use on a house pattern...

billf
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Mike, this is the guide I use and it works well. However, don't forget to also do the warm water soak/bath.
http://www.stormbowling.com/docs/ballreacionguide2011lr.pdf

MICHAEL
07-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Wow.... it didn't need either!! What it needed was to be drilled right, to suit my style of bowling!! I now get a lot more rev's, and it shoots into the pocket like a hound dog into a doghouse, when a bolt of lightning hits close by!! Drilling,,, drilling,,,, drilling,,, finding out how important IT IS!!!