PDA

View Full Version : Bowling gloves

MICHAEL
07-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Do they give you more revs,,,, I noticed Pete Weber has used a glove even back in his early 20's! Can a person use a rubber tack grip glass handling glove for bowling! All it would take is to cut the thumb out and modify fingers to enter holes. I put one on, it it felt very tacky!! Maybe more rev's???

RoccoRock
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I have used a Football receivers glove before. Very tacky palm, gave me more control. In the end though, I live the feeling of the ball in my bare hand. I do believe a glove can give you more revs as well, but not 100 percent on that.

billf
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Some style of gloves can give a few more revs but not enough to really matter. They are better for serving the purpose they were intended for; skin protection, callous and blister prevention.

Stormed1
07-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Pete uses the golf glove to reduce the wear and tear on his fingers. Jeff Carter did the same thing

MICHAEL
07-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I thought when I looked at pete's glove it was cut out for the thumb, and also the tips of the fingers where they go into the ball!! I will have to look up some video! humm

GeorgiaStroker
07-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Pete wears the glove because he is paid to do so. Most likely he wouldn't wear it if not. Just a guess but if not I'm sure lots of bowlers out there are doing it just for the money.

martin
07-20-2012, 07:57 AM
maybe i'll try to wear some gloves some day.. haha

dgz924s
07-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Based on my experience, at my age, same as PDW my skin as a younger man was tougher and easier to develop a callus. Today my ability to develop a callus is much more difficult and as we age our skin is getting thinner so I would agree that he is using it for protection. The revenue he would benefit from a glove company is minimal and PDW is in no need for a bit of spare change.....pardon the pun!

But back to skin and aging, one good example is to look at an elderly persons hands, you will see the blood vessels considerably more than the hands of a younger person and this is due to the thinning process as we age.

abishai
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Once my bowling thumb protector finally dies i'm just going to cut the finger tips off of a golf glove or some of the thinner work gloves I have laying around. Thumb gets too messed up when not using one and eventually gets stuck in the ball around the 2nd-3rd game.

edpup316
07-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Pete wears the glove because he is paid to do so. Most likely he wouldn't wear it if not. Just a guess but if not I'm sure lots of bowlers out there are doing it just for the money.

If hes paid to do so then whatever golf company thats paying him to wear their gloves are doing a terrible job at utilizing him for any marketing or advertising. I've seen him with and with out the golve and with different brands so i believe its all up to him and what feels right.

To the post like its been said already gloves are more for protection then for rev rate. The only hand device that will increase rev rates are the wrist supports like the Storm Gadget or a Brunswick Powerkoil usually you would only use these because of weak wrists or if your very inconsistent with wrist position.

MICHAEL
07-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Pete was wearing a golf glove, with the thumb cut out way back in his early 20's! Just looked at some film! It looks like the finger tips of the golf glove were NOT cut off!
So I would say it was not for money, but something Pete felt comfortable with, for what ever reason, protection, rev's ect ect!!!