PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Videos

ursus
07-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Whenever I try to view a video on this site the screen stays black but the sound is fine. If I hit the button to view on YouTube the videos work fine there. Any ideas on why this is happening?

billf
07-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Mine works so maybe the video manager of this site is not a fan of Iceman or his accomplices? Have you tried clearing your cache?

ursus
07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Mine works so maybe the video manager of this site is not a fan of Iceman or his accomplices? Have you tried clearing your cache?

By that do you mean deleting the browsing history?

bowl1820
07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
By that do you mean deleting the browsing history?

Browser history isn't the cache.

The cache is where your browser store all kind of files connected to a webpage (temp. internet files) like HTML pages, background images, thumbnails etc.This helps reduce bandwidth usage, by storing the files locally on your computer so you don't constantly have to be loading them.

The files in the cache can get old or corrupted which can cause problems, so by clearing the cache it could fix a problem , if the cause is located there. Clearing the cache, deleting cookies and restarting are common first steps in trying to fix problems in the browser.

How to clear the cache depends on which browser your using. ie: Firefox, Internet explorer, Chrome etc.

Some standard first try fixes.

1-Just close and restart the browser.

2-Do a forced refresh or reload. Hold the shift key down and click the reload button in the browser toolbar.

3- Clear the cache and the cookies.

4- Make sure flash and shock wave and any other plug-in's and the browser are updated.

5- Try another browser see if the problem happens in it also.

You can also try clearing Flashes storage, this is found your control panels "Flash Player Settings Manager" under the advance tab, browser data and settings

ursus
07-22-2012, 02:57 PM
It started working right again, I have no idea why. Thanks for all the suggestions