toverbey
07-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Lane Condition:
40ft THS on AMF HPL
Medium-Heavy Volume

Layout:
4 ¼” x 5 3/16”
65* x 4 ¼” x 35*

If you are looking for a ball that combines the power to cut through heavy oil and the retention of energy for an angular backend motion, the Motiv 2Cruel is what you want in your arsenal. Combining the strength of the Whiplash hybrid coverstock with the high RG Sinister core (2.55 RG, .053 Diff) you will see a unique reacting that is tough to find in the high-performance category. With the patterns I have been bowling on I have seen a good mix of clean front lane projection, smooth midlane transition and an angular backend move with continuation. I have been able to play multiple angles with this ball, something that I have not been able to do this effectively with coverstocks that are this aggressive. While playing straighter lines I have seen a strong motion at the spot with plenty of power going through the pins. When I have stepped left and started playing the middle part of the lane, with both open and tight angles, I have not lost any hitting power as the core gives this ball the ability to transition quickly from projection to hook. Overall the 2Cruel has given me a special look that I usually need two different balls to fulfill. The unique reaction this ball has is a phenomenal addition to my bag, one that anyone who loves angularity in heavy oil should enjoy.

Here is a link to my Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQsFITF2ME&feature=plcp

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com