PDA

View Full Version : ever have one of those days?

beerframe
07-22-2012, 04:40 AM
I go to the lanes with my girlfriend. I start out HOT like converting the 6-7-10 hot. Capped that off with a four bagger and whatever else to pull off a 206. Fell asleep bowling no more than 150 after that one big game. Reckon it was a bit hot in the bowling alley and my head just seemed to be fuzzy. Couldn't pick my shots or anything. I hate when i go off my game real bad.

J Anderson
07-22-2012, 08:26 AM
When one of my opponents is bowling way over his head I usually tell them to wake up.

I think almost all of us have had days that start great and suddenly go to heck. I'm a whole lot happier when I start off rocky and then finish strong.

kev3inp
07-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Every once in a while when the wheels come off, they really come off. At some point all you can do is laugh.

billf
07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I despise bowling well below my capabilities. When I bowl well above I use it to realize what I can do with more time and practice.

ursus
07-22-2012, 03:20 PM
I was bowling good today. Had two good games and then was bowling a great 3rd game through 6 frames, thats when it all came apart. My back was getting sore and I couldn't hit my marks. You always think of what could have been. Hopefully I can get my back feeling a little better by league tomorrow and see if I can regain my good games I have been throwing lately.

RoccoRock
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I can't tell you how many weeks this happened to me. Start with a +200 game, then another strong 200 or just below game, then miserable 3rd game. I remember one week in particular where I was shredding racks for two games. Third game I did not throw a strike until the 10th frame. A few weeks ago, practicing with friends, 210 first game, 2nd game 240, with 10 strikes, 3rd game 134, no strikes. Even my best week in my league last year I had one lost game, except it was in the middle of the series. I went 256, 161, 258. Similar story in my one tournament appearance. I started with 5 strikes in game one, after 2 splits, and the subsequent opens, it was a 218. Next game, start with 4 strikes, and after more tough luck, and a few bad throws, 213. Last game, rough start, and I fell to pieces, 133. This is a big issue with me, I think it has to do with reading ball reaction, and what adjustments to make, and making them soon enough so that I don't fall too far into a hole.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
About six months ago, I went out to practice, I threw three games and calculated it out to have a full game worth of splits. But I understand those rough nights.

@billf Yes, I can definitely agree with that. I get frustrated when I throw under a 600 because I know I'm better than that, but also at the same time, if it's a night where I can't get any breaks, or Carrie didn't show up that night and I can't string anything together, then I just wash it away.

Brother_jd
11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I despise bowling well below my capabilities. When I bowl well above I use it to realize what I can do with more time and practice.

This so much this. I know i am capable of shooting 650 every night, When i do i get so mad at myself.

J Anderson
11-17-2012, 05:28 PM
This so much this. I know i am capable of shooting 650 every night, When i do i get so mad at myself.

You get mad at yourself when you shoot 650?

Brother_jd
11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
You get mad at yourself when you shoot 650?

That should say don't.

Travan
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I've been there many times. Just a couple weeks ago, 257 followed by 157. Last year a 207 and a 94. I noticed a pattern where once something bad happened, I'd get really mad and it would ruin the rest of the night. I've worked pretty hard at taking things a frame at a time and having a short memory and I've found myself digging out of holes more often.