PDA

View Full Version : Bowlingball.com Perfect Scale...Am I missing something?

Bizwan65
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
I have a 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow solid. I've been looking online at the Hybrid and Pearl versions of the Hook! series and I noticed the following discrepancy on Bowlingball.com. The Red/Yellow solid and the Purple/Orange, Blue/Blue and Silver/Black pearls all have a Perfect scale rating of 160.90. However, the Blue/Yellow Hybrid recently released (May 2012) has a listed Perfect Scale rating of 101.50.

I'm not the most knowledgeable bowler but it's my understanding the the Hybrid versions of cover stocks fall somewhere between the Pearl and Solid versions. Since the Hook! Pearl and Solid balls have equivalent Perfect Scale ratings, shouldn't the Hybrid version have a similar rating? Is there something going on that I don't know or understand, or do you think it's just a typo on the web site (both the Blue/Yellow and Black/Pink Hybrid balls have the same 101.5 Perfect scale rating and were released about 6 months apart and a year/6 months after the Solid and Pearl versions, respectively). The core's, RG and Differential are all the same for all versions of the ball. The only differences in cover stock are the Pearl, Solid and Hybrid.

What do you think? I submitted the same question to Bowlingball.com but haven't received an answer.

billf
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a typo to me if the cores are the same.

striker12
07-24-2012, 11:19 PM
bill i agree with you much be a typo my guess it might be a 161 or 151 cause if the solid and pearl are the same them thats another typo there cause the solid would be little more agressive and it will beable to grip the lane more but im not full sure too or maby they ust make the ball weaker with a weaker coverstock

J Anderson
07-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Assuming that the relation between solid and hybrid is the same for 900 Global as for Storm, the hybrid should be a little weaker than the solid. The Storm Hy-Road is about 20 points less than the Victory Road solid. I think that the pearl should be closer to the solid as the pearl make for a more angular shot, but a similar amount of total hook.

billf
07-25-2012, 10:22 AM
The whole series looks messed up to me. The hybrid should be lowest then the pearl then the solid. How the pearl and solid can have the same rating is not making sense to me.

DanielMareina
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
The Storm Hy-Road is not the same ball as the Victory Road Solid. The Crossroad is the Hybrid version of the Victory Road Solid. It is possible that the mixture of the two coverstocks will result in a different hook rating. As for 50 points different, that has to be wrong. The only thing I can think of other than a generic typo is, when the Nexus and the Defiant came out, they had to increase the highest number on the scale. Maybe the new scale would change the old balls numbers? I can't imagine that would be true, but possible. All in all, a hybrid coverstock should be slightly weaker than both the other two versions of that ball model, but not by that much for sure.

striker12
07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
yeah i just thought of this i think the hybrid is normal i think the pearl is aspoce to be lower like in the 140s cause only ay i can think that the pearl is as strong has the solid is if they used the coverstoke that track used on the kinetic pearl.

Bizwan65
07-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Just noticed that the Perfect Scale rating for the 2 Hybrid versions of the 900 Global Hook! have been adjusted to be equal to the other cover stocks. Guess it was a typo.

billf
07-27-2012, 08:10 AM
You would think that bowlingball.com would have participated in this thread.

J Anderson
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
You would think that bowlingball.com would have participated in this thread.

I think they are short handed right now, possibly due to people being on vacation.

striker12
07-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I think they are short handed right now, possibly due to people being on vacation.

maby soo they did have a oepning for a proshop manager i seen it on facebook like 2-3 days ago soo i think they might have a few open postions but for the proshop manager u need 2 years of running a proshop witch i wish i could do i only got 3 months