PDA

View Full Version : Getting lower

harroo
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything do I thought I would ask.

Does anyone have advice of getting there body lower so that the energy from the swing is transferred to the ball more effectively than dropping (dropping isn't the right word) the ball from 5-10 inches. I don't slide too much I'm more of a tweener even tho I have the dexter s8 h4 combo my foot hardly moves even if I'm consciously trying. Before when I used a "amf slider" I think it was called I used to slide pretty well. But I don't think it's an issue of slide just getting lower.

Sorry if I went off topic a bit? As usual I appreciate everyone's input.

The German Shepherd
07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything do I thought I would ask.

Does anyone have advice of getting there body lower so that the energy from the swing is transferred to the ball more effectively than dropping (dropping isn't the right word) the ball from 5-10 inches. I don't slide too much I'm more of a tweener even tho I have the dexter s8 h4 combo my foot hardly moves even if I'm consciously trying. Before when I used a "amf slider" I think it was called I used to slide pretty well. But I don't think it's an issue of slide just getting lower.

Sorry if I went off topic a bit? As usual I appreciate everyone's input.

If I were you I would check out Parker Bohn III videos on Youtube. His knee bend is excellent even at his age. I wish I had his physical game. You will notice that he gets good bend in his right knee (right knee because he is a lefty and slides with his right leg) and his knee continues moving forward even after his release...good stuff.

Jay

billf
07-25-2012, 03:29 PM
It all starts with your stance. If you're too upright to begin with it will be even more difficult to get the proper knee bend. When in the finish position your toe, knee and chin should all be lined up. When that happens you will automatically have the proper height at release, assuming you don't bend your elbow, etc.