PDA

View Full Version : I need a new team to bowl with

RoccoRock
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
First, let men say I love my friends, there great guys and a lot of fun to hang out with. The problem is, they're no where near as into bowling as I am. I have friends on another team in the same league, and they are the same way, so it's not even like we can mix up the teams and put all the serious guys in one team. Maybe it's because none of them are that good, maybe it's because they have other hobbies. I don't want to leave my team, but I really want to join another league, with real bowlers as my teamates. With my team, if I have issues, the best advice they can give me its, "get drunk so you don't care how you do." Thanks, brilliant. None of them ever want to practice. We are not in a league this summer, and I practice 2, 3 times a week. They all said they would join me at least twice a month. As of now not one of them have picked up a ball since May. I'm gonna start looking around, I need real bowling friends, and teammates.

ursus
07-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Talk to the bowling center manager, he/she may know of some teams that are in need of another player to fill their roster.

billf
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
If possible, stay with that team and join another league also. Then you can bowl and hang out with your friends and bowl another night with more serious team mates. Ursus is correct, the managers stay in contact with the league officers to make sure the leagues are full.

MICHAEL
07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
oops,,,, wrong thread,,, that being said, bye ! Good LUCK! Hope things work out for you!!

dgz924s
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I agree with Bill, don't walk away from your friends and a fun night out together and join a league with more serious minded bowlers in it in addition to the fun night. I will bet the manager knows what leagues have the higher average bowlers in it and there is usually always a spot open for one bowler.

RoccoRock
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
No, I don't plan on leaving my friends, I am probably doing two leagues . I talk to the pro shop guy at alley closest to my house a lot, I may ask him if he knows anyone needing a teammate. I do have one friend who is heavily into bowling, but he lives a little far away to do a league with. He doesn't drive either, so we can't even meet in the middle somewhere. I may hit him up anyway just to see if he's interested.

backahead
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
First, let men say I love my friends, there great guys and a lot of fun to hang out with. The problem is, they're no where near as into bowling as I am. I have friends on another team in the same league, and they are the same way, so it's not even like we can mix up the teams and put all the serious guys in one team. Maybe it's because none of them are that good, maybe it's because they have other hobbies. I don't want to leave my team, but I really want to join another league, with real bowlers as my teamates. With my team, if I have issues, the best advice they can give me its, "get drunk so you don't care how you do." Thanks, brilliant. None of them ever want to practice. We are not in a league this summer, and I practice 2, 3 times a week. They all said they would join me at least twice a month. As of now not one of them have picked up a ball since May. I'm gonna start looking around, I need real bowling friends, and teammates.

Too bad you are way out on the Island Rocco. I used to live in Farmingdale. I'm in Rockland now, 12mi north of the GW. We are in the summer league and bowl 3-5x/wk. This is all to prepare for the 36 wk winter league, I'm new my buddy is established. 4 person teams, 30 teams. These are the generally known as the toughest lanes in the county. We do have an open spot for winter but that would be quite a hike for you. The offer is open if you are up to the task, come get serious with us.

RoccoRock
07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah that's a little too far of a trip, otherwise would be very interested.