PDA

View Full Version : Sad pet story (warning: may be tough 4 pet lovers to read)

RoccoRock
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I had to post this, cause it's been on my mind all day. My younget sister lives in Boston, and she rescues pets. She has a lot of foster pets in her house. So my older sister, who lives here in NY decides she is going to rescue a dog. She was fostering a 1 year old Pit Bull. My sister and her family have 2 chocolate labs. Well last night the pit bull attacked one of the labs. My niece was screaming, the lab was bleeding all over and the pits jaws were locked on the lab. My brother in laws tried to pull him off, then tried to break the dogs leg to get her to stop. It didn't work, finally in order to save his dogs life, he went into the kitchen and got a knife. He stabbed the pit bull, and she finally let go. He rushed both dogs to the vet, the lab survived, but the pit bull didnt. The stab was too deep, the knife he used was too big. He didn't want to kill the pit, but he was desperate to save his own dogs life. If he didn't, the lab would most certainly be the one dead right now. So sad, even though the pit was the attacker, and pits are a aggressive dangerous breed, it's still sad. I feel terrible for my sister, and her family, most specifically my brother in law. I can't imagine having to do what he did. He is lucky the pit didnt turn on him, or my 17 year old niece who was in the room. My wife met the dog yesterday, just a few hours before this happened. She said the dog was so sweet, she licked my wifes face and everything. Just been making me sad all day. RIP Daisy.