PDA

View Full Version : Is It Time for Me to Find a New Pro Shop?

Josch
07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
I've had a few problems with the Coach/Driller at the Pro Shop with him getting things done and being ready when he said he would. Twice now he has promised 2 of my friends to have their balls drilled/repaired by a certain time and he has been up to an hour late. The problem is on both of these occasions it was right before league and he was supposed to have them done as league started. Because he wasn't ready they had to use house balls to start.

Recently I've had two problems with him. The first time was when I was getting my Hammer Rhythm drilled. He agreed to have it done by a certain time on a certain day. I arrived about 5 minutes after that time and he hadn't done it yet and he was in a lesson. I was planning on using a 2 hour bowl all you can deal to try the new ball out. I didn't think the wait would be too long so I got it anyway. It was an hour and 15 minutes after he agreed to have it completed by before I got my new ball.

Then about a month later I went in for a lesson since they give a free lesson with every ball purchase. He was not aware that he had a lesson that day, luckily I got there 10 minutes early. He was not prepared and the lesson started 10 minutes late. Not only that but he was only coaching for 20 minutes. He told me to do somethings and then left me to practice as he went to help other customers. He didn't come back for the rest of the lesson. It seems like when I need him to do something that he said he would and he's in a lesson I have to wait until he's done but he'll leave mine to help other customers. Durring my lesson he sold a guy a ball, drilled it up, and had him take some shots on the same pair of lanes. He was only using one but the coach was still more interested in making sure the guy liked his new ball then making sure I was doing what he told me to do.

I have 3 finger tip balls and he has never found my P.A.P. Same with my friend who has 2 finger tip balls.

There is also a chance he cheated me out of $10 a couple months ago. Someone in my league gave me their old spare ball and I went to have it re-drilled. They were offering free re-drilling to all the bowlers in my youth league, all I had to do was pay for finger inserts and a thumb slug at $10 a piece. He never plugged the thumb and I believe that he left the original thumb slug in and just opened it up more. I asked for a green one and he said that he accidentally used a white one. The ball had a white thumb slug when I brought it in and the slug has very little excess material around the hole. I can get a picture of this on wednesday. Is it time for me to find a new Pro Shop?

billf
07-30-2012, 11:40 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forget the $10 because that is questionable. Forget being late a time or four lol. Leaving a lesson and not returning...WTF! This guy is not a pro but rather another amateur pretending to be a pro. Obviously the way he treats you he doesn't value your business as much as the person that came during your "lesson". Let this fool live off of the money of the other person then and take yours to a real pro.

Josch
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM
In his defense it was a free lesson and it's not like I paid the usual $45. And to make it slightly better he did offer to review some stuff with me from the lesson for free a couple weeks ago. I'm getting a free ball with my league that's only good through his Pro Shop (he's also the manager) and I'll see how he does with that. It's a plastic ball that after drilling will cost me about $50. I think it's worth getting my spare up to 14lbs for that.