PDA

View Full Version : Insert Glue

ursus
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I got my new ball today as well as one of my other balls back. Problem is they didn't glue in the inserts. What is the best methods for glueing them in? is it just plain superglue or is it some bowling specific product?

bowl1820
07-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Super glue, I'm sure someone will say you have to get this special one. Just super glue will work. Just don't get crazy putting it in. It only takes about drop or two. If their ovals make sure to line them up with your fingers.

In fact everyone should carry a tube in their bag, for a emergency. Loose insert or a cut.

ursus
07-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Super glue, I'm sure someone will say you have to get this special one. Just super glue will work. Just don't get crazy putting it in. It only takes about drop or two. If their ovals make sure to line them up with your fingers.

In fact everyone should carry a tube in their bag, for a emergency. Loose insert or a cut.

Thanks!! Just what I figured.

Good thing you said something or I would have probably drenched in superglue

ursus
07-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Managed to get the inserts glued in. Also managed to superglue a paper towel to my hand, will really save some time around lunch and dinner not having to get up and get one to wipe my mouth.

On the first one I glued in I didn't realize it was squirting any out so I go a lot in and it oozed out of the hole I had to run to get the damp paper towel to wipe it off but a little dried in a thin smear around the hole. I tried to use alchohol to take it off, but the more I drank the more I noticed the glue on the surface of the shiny new ball. Is there anything that I can safely use to take it off without doing damage to the surface of the ball? It is thin enough and over such a small area that it shouldn't affect the balls performance but it still irks me a little that it is there.

bowl1820
07-31-2012, 10:46 PM
To remove super glue get a bottle of Acetone (Nail Polish remover w/Acetone) put a little on a rag it will wipe off before the glue sets. Will also get it off your fingers. (You can legally use acetone for this).

If the glue got hard on the ball, you might have to scrape it off.

MICHAEL
08-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Managed to get the inserts glued in. Also managed to superglue a paper towel to my hand, will really save some time around lunch and dinner not having to get up and get one to wipe my mouth.

On the first one I glued in I didn't realize it was squirting any out so I go a lot in and it oozed out of the hole I had to run to get the damp paper towel to wipe it off but a little dried in a thin smear around the hole. I tried to use alchohol to take it off, but the more I drank the more I noticed the glue on the surface of the shiny new ball. Is there anything that I can safely use to take it off without doing damage to the surface of the ball? It is thin enough and over such a small area that it shouldn't affect the balls performance but it still irks me a little that it is there.

Wow.... LOL...... very funny!!! I know not really!!! lol...... good luck~~ Not sure if it would help, but maybe the pro shop at Strike and Spare could put it on the spinner to remove it evenly?? Just a thought,,, if not he is pretty sharp and very knowledgeable! Be careful,,, too cool a ball to take out of round from scraping!!!! lol,,,,, good luck!

bowl1820
08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Wow.... LOL...... very funny!!! I know not really!!! lol...... good luck~~ Not sure if it would help, but maybe the pro shop at Strike and Spare could put it on the spinner to remove it evenly?? Just a thought,,, if not he is pretty sharp and very knowledgeable! Be careful,,, too cool a ball to take out of round from scraping!!!! lol,,,,, good luck!

If all you have is a little blob of dried glue around the finger hole. scraping it off won't get the ball out of round.

The Mayor
08-01-2012, 10:18 AM
It's important to not get the gel super glue as it can be stringy and get on the ball. Just regular ole super glue is great.

MICHAEL
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
If all you have is a little blob of dried glue around the finger hole. scraping it off won't get the ball out of round.

That was a JOKE, bowl1820!!! LOL,,,,(:)... The glue, paper, sticking, drinking alchohol lol,,, ect... I thouht it was funny Ursus!!! I have had days like that!! Hopefully you and the ball are doing well NOW! very funny!!!! I do want to see that puppy go down the lane!!