PDA

View Full Version : Is PAP something that can easily change?

Ball99999
08-01-2012, 03:30 AM
I still don't have anywhere near a consistent release so I couldn't imagine it would be the same thing until I finally get a good release. Should I even bother with PAP for the new few balls I get drilled?

Mike White
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Why get a new ball if you're not consistent when the current one?

bowl1820
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Why get a new ball if you're not consistent when the current one?

He might be thinking about the ball he just won in the giveaway, like you did. And looking to see the best way to go with it.

Ball99999
08-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Yup it's quite an awesome ball and I'd hate to ruin it.
Also quite unhappy with the misfit and I miss how my Damage reacted so looking for another ball too

billf
08-01-2012, 09:42 PM
If possible, wait to get it drilled until you can get a decent release that is not a spinner. Once you stop spinning it, most of the other releases you would have close to the same PAP.

Mike White
08-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Should I even bother with PAP for the new few balls I get drilled?

He might be thinking about the ball he just won in the giveaway, like you did. And looking to see the best way to go with it.

When he said "new few balls" he might have meant "next few balls" but the "few balls" part doesn't sound like the ball he just won in a giveaway, unless he expects to win a few times.

What I was getting at it the mindset that if the one he has now isn't working, he has to get a new ball, or balls.

When I started to try to play golf, a friend who plays often, and quite well, selected a set of clubs for me. Not high end clubs, but playable.
My thought was I would use those clubs until my skill level had exceeded the clubs abilities.
That event hasn't occurred yet, and probably never will.

It's also the same reason the only drilled ball I have right now is the White Dot.