PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a #14 ball

RoccoRock
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm thinking of dropping to #14 balls, but I need to try one first before I drop a few hundred bucks on all new stuff. I'm looking for a mid range ball, nothing too strong. Prefer Storm, Rotogrip, or even DV8, but I can't spend more than $50, shipped. If anyone has anything they can part with for that price range let me know.

striker12
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
why not just go and get a rotogrip theory they are selling cheap atm i can get one for $120 but im saving for a pearl ball but stronger like the nexxxus.

the roto grip theory is a good ball i ahve thrown my buddys and it works great im planning on getting one after i get the nexxxus or something.

RoccoRock
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I can get a Misfit for around that too, but I would rather not buy a brand new ball for an experament. I can't afford to iss on a ball, and I've already missed on one ball, so I have a almost useless ball in my arsenal right now that I paid $150 for. Now it's too used and beat down (and now plugged) to sell. It's one of the things I don't like about this hobby. When I raced remote controled cars, if I had a car I didn't like I could sell it for a decent amount of money. Seems like used bowling balls are nearly worthless.

striker12
08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
if you cna go get it cleaned up costs like $20 but how would it be a experiment going down to a 14lb ball i went to a 14lb ball and i use to throw 15lb balls and i have seen a big difference easyer to throw the ball much more consticence and i can create abit more revs with a 14lb then a 15lb ball.

when i won the HHR on here i wanted to get a 15lb but they had non soo i went with a 14lb and it felt much better and every since i have gone with 14lb balls and its also less pressure on my wrist cause i screwed up my wrist awhile back and when i threw 15lb balls it was making it abit worse but i could handle the pain.

RoccoRock
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I figure a 14 pound ball would be much easier to throw, now that I don't have my thumb in. My spare ball is 14, and I throw it better than my strike ball most times.

striker12
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
yeah a 14lb ball is good helps create abit more revs cause your able to get your hand under the ball better thing i can say is there not that much of a differnence from a 15lb ball and a 14lb ball soo your able to buy a 14lb ball if you say dont like it saying it feels too light then u can still throw 15lb balls but u can still throw the 14lb ball as like a backup for when the lanes are like umm really like close to dry but not dry enoph where you say you have your misfit wont hook at all then say this 14lb ball watch ever performanc eu ge tit at will hook and u will have the speed on it.