PDA

View Full Version : Which USBC "Welcome Ball" for dry lanes?

jd78
08-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I got the Welcome card for joining the USBC and saw the $60 bowling ball offer. I was wondering which of the 4 balls available would be best suited for a secondary ball on dry lanes or after the lane conditions start to break down? I'm a stroker and my ball speed averages 15-16MPH and currently using a Storm Crossroad at a center that still has all wood lanes (not sure how much of this info is helpful, but figured i'd include it).

Here's the link for the four available balls. Also, if there is another ball in the $60 price range that is better suited please let me know.

http://usbcsportstore.com/eSource/PK/ecom/eSource/items/items-2-S0-lV1BowlingBal-lV2BBalls.aspx?store=BBALL

Thanks in advance!

JD

billf
08-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Dry=Tropical Breeze. Lanes just start to break down but still have some oil=Slingshot.
Wood lanes tend to produce more friction. It's what my center has (unfortunately). You can't go wrong with any of these balls on that surface once the lanes transition.

Zothen
08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Sligshot has the least hook out of all the balls. Plastic or urethane for spares!

Zothen

billf
08-05-2012, 01:02 AM
They are all rated about the same for hook potential and oil amount according to bowlingball.com and each balls manufacturer site.

jd78
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks! I went with the Tropical Storm mainly because I really like my Crossroad, and alway nice to have another scented ball to drive the wife nuts. :)