PDA

View Full Version : The Little Boy that Could

bowl1820
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Here's a story I found:

The Little Boy that Could

Okay, in a few instances some of the very small Pee Wees will roll the ball and it will simply not
have enough energy for the ball to get all of the way to the pins. The friction of the ball
surface/lane surface interface has simply drained all of the energy.

The ball stops.

I have witnessed a nine count leave by a bowler. He rolled the ball normally. He had his
normal speed of 5 miles per millennium. He was a little guy. But he had lots of heart and very
good aim. He rolled it straight down the middle of the lane.

The just barely made it to the rack of pins just slightly to the right of the center of the head pin.
It was more of a push than an impact, but the head pin went down nonetheless and the ball
stopped and nothing else moved.

He was ecstatic; he jumped up and down and raised his arms in joy. He had accomplished
what he had intended.

As he walked back to the settee area, I reached out to congratulate him and I stooped down
and gave him a “high five.”

It was at that instant that I saw a vision of this same bowler as a young man about 18 years of
age bowling his final frame in the first ever Olympic Bowling Singles Competition.

He smashed the pins and probably broke at least seven of them. He was given the first ever
Gold Medal for Singles competition at the Olympics. He really enjoyed the game regardless of
the competition skill level.

He was a bowler.

I waved goodbye as he walked away with a big smile on his face. The future was his, it was his destiny.

He waved back and as he looked into my eyes, I kind’a got the feeling he already knew.

He wanted to be the best that he could be.

The German Shepherd
08-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, man. That is what it is all about. Thank you for sharing that!

Jay

billf
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Would you mind if I printed this off to give to the coaches (volunteer) for the upcoming youth league?

bowl1820
08-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Would you mind if I printed this off to give to the coaches (volunteer) for the upcoming youth league?

All right by me.

billf
08-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you. some of the adults seem to think all the kids need to be bowling in triple digits. I saw a 12 year old girl get chastised last year for not breaking 200.

martinezsam2495
08-08-2012, 01:41 AM
wow.. this was inspirational.. I can be that kid..