PDA

View Full Version : My release was good for three weeks..until this week..what happened?

atty_hen05
08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi guys,

My release was pretty good three weeks ago..been scoring at an average of 175. Until last weekend, my hands went back into its old sickness of going "on top" of the ball causing the ball to "spin" instead of doing a side rotation. Scored 120 because of that. I dont know what really happened. Then I thought maybe my arms are tired since I played basketball that morning and been driving my car all day? I dont really know.

GeorgiaStroker
08-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Fatigue, lack of focus, and old muscle memory. lol. It happens to all of us when trying to learn a new technique, or rather unlearn an old technique. It takes lots of focused practice to change an old behavior for a new one. Hang in there, work hard, focus on every shot and soon you will beat your old habit. Remember a bad day bowling beats a good day at work. lol

atty_hen05
08-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Fatigue, lack of focus, and old muscle memory. lol. It happens to all of us when trying to learn a new technique, or rather unlearn an old technique. It takes lots of focused practice to change an old behavior for a new one. Hang in there, work hard, focus on every shot and soon you will beat your old habit. Remember a bad day bowling beats a good day at work. lol

lol..yeah...I guess that just about explains everything. My arms just doesn't have that much energy anymore. Ended up not playing the rest of the game. Good thing, we have somebody to replace me.

Tampabaybob
08-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Next time you practice, and after you throw a few warm-up shots, on the next shot try to focus on your hand staying behind your ball. Don't worry about where the ball is going yet , just focus as though you are watching your hand all the way thru your back swing. Feel your hand staying behind the ball for several shots then go back to focusing on your target. As Georgia Stroker stated, just relax and it will come back to you. Practice is your best friend. Relax, focus and it will come back.

Bob

billf
08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
See the thread Bowl1820 posted with the Ron Clifton video. The drill there should help to prevent it from happening again.

The German Shepherd
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
When that happens to me, it is usally because my tempo is off. Nothing will mess with your release like poor timing. When I find my release has gone awry I work on my tempo. This may sound strange, but I have a song that I sing to myself that is just right for my tempo and I try to keep time with it...

Jay

atty_hen05
08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
@billf..what video?

@guys, next time i will focus on my hand stayin begind the ball.. i guess thats the problem.

bowl1820
08-08-2012, 08:10 AM
@billf..what video?

@guys, next time i will focus on my hand stayin begind the ball.. i guess thats the problem.

Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/10263-Ron-Clifton-video-about-early-turn

atty_hen05
08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/10263-Ron-Clifton-video-about-early-turn

Wow...thanks a lot..I'm excited to watch this video

Big Nick
08-16-2012, 10:08 AM
WOW! I'm so glad I found this video!

I had a session with a pro about a week and a half ago, and afterwards I was bowling better than I have in years. Then yesterday, my wife and I went to do some practicing at the local lanes, and it was like I had completely forgotten everything I had learned...... the ball had no hook, wasn't rolling strong, and (worst of all) my full-roller was back. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out no matter what I tried. After watching this vid and doing a few mock back swings at my desk, I'll be damned if this wasn't my problem.

billf
08-16-2012, 07:06 PM
WOW! I'm so glad I found this video!
Where is the video?

Big Nick
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Where is the video?

Click the link in post #8 of this thread and it'll be right at the top.

billf
08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
lmao...first thing; I thought you were referring to a different video. Second; I never noticed the posts were numbered until you posted that. Captain Observant here.