PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger...

The German Shepherd
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
On a new Roto Grip Defiant from Bowlingball.com. Can't wait 'til it gets here... Anybody here throw one of these? How do you have it drilled???

Jay

billf
08-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Why? You already have a Vivid and a Nexxus. I'm sure you will like the Defiant. The one I've thrown is 50x40 pin to PAP 5 1/2"

Zothen
08-07-2012, 03:25 AM
I have a Defiant drilled pin over ring finger and slapped on some polish over the 3000 finish and boy does it hit on medium-medium heavy oil conditions.

Zothen

Hot_pocket
08-09-2012, 01:50 AM
i personally think its one of the best balls i have ever had. Its very destructive lol. I dont know the exact numbers but all i requested of my pro shop guy was to have it roll a little long but leave the OTB surface on it. You will definitely be happy with it though.

Roadwaffle
08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I had a defiant drilled for me this past Spring. The Pro Shop took great care in analyzing what drilling pattern they were going to use because of the weight block in it. I was told that this ball is quite "special" and that anyone that had gone to the Seminar on the ball would know how careful and exact they must be to drill it, because it's very easy to get it wrong.

With that being said, mine is drilled with the pin drilled out for my ring finger. I absolutely love this ball and it's ability to be very diverse in it's reaction. I seem to be able to easily control the intensity of the reaction directly through my release position. It rolls strong nomatter how I roll it, but up the back is my favorite for a controlled strong shot... and it will play much longer into the set than others that have a more aggressive release on it.