PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to a "300" alley / club?

panbanger
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.threehundred.com/

This looks like a swanky sort of place for people who want to spend big bucks bowling. Has anyone ever been to one of these? I read the reviews for the Dallas location on Yelp and it seems like the people who actually like to bowl really hated the place lol.

Seems kind of expensive, too. 7 bucks a game on weekends?!?

MICHAEL
08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
We have one here in kansas city mo! Its huge, and bowling lanes on different levels, dance floor, ect ect... It just opened last year I believe. I will look it up and attach the web if they have one. It was one huge intertainment center! And it even had bowling lanes!! LOL.....

striker12
08-09-2012, 03:06 PM
have not been there yet but the one in dallas i would go to from 7pm to close $10 for all night wish my bowling allie had that kind of a deal

The German Shepherd
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
What, and raise my standard of living!!??

Jay

Greenday
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Closest one to me is in NYC. And like everything else in NYC, it's expensive as hell. Anywhere between $8.25 a game and $11.25 a game. Not worth it.

MICHAEL
08-09-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.diamond-bowl.com/home

[SIZE=3]Check this place out, not far from my place! My sister lives down the street from the owner. Went to a party there last winter! Not sure if its a bowling alley, or an amusement park!! Check out the pictures, and the girl bowling in Cow Boy Boots!!! lol
Hey Dude, I know the model,,,, she hangs out with my sister! Want me to fix you up!?

ursus
08-09-2012, 05:30 PM

[SIZE=3]Check this place out, not far from my place! My sister lives down the street from the owner. Went to a party there last winter! Not sure if its a bowling alley, or an amusement park!! Check out the pictures, and the girl bowling in Cow Boy Boots!!! lol
Hey Dude, I know the model,,,, she hangs out with my sister! Want me to fix you up!?

My church had a get together there last Sunday. Lanes were bone dry before we got there and we had 5 or 6 people on a lane. I did like the couches but the bowling left a lot to be desired.

panbanger
08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Yep I have a strange feeling these "upscale" places oil the lanes maybe 3 times a week lol

Hot_pocket
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
lucky strike is even worse they have a dress code they dont allow you to use your own bowling shoes or bring your own bowling ball and their expensive as hell. I havent been there but my sister has and told me about it.

billf
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM

You know her? I would like to know her, the heck with Jason, hook me up lol

MICHAEL
08-10-2012, 02:13 AM
You know her? I would like to know her, the heck with Jason, hook me up lol

Behave ,,,

Behave yourself Wild Bill!!! You’re a happily married man!! Well a married man anyway! Hope its happy!! lol
p.s. She is waaaaaay to young for you! More like The Dude's age.... but somewhat older! The Dude is a pup!!!

Ball99999
08-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Closest one to me is in NYC. And like everything else in NYC, it's expensive as hell. Anywhere between $8.25 a game and $11.25 a game. Not worth it.

That's insane! How does a game that takes 5 minutes to play equate to the price of a movie. I don't get these places.
I'll only go during unlimited bowling times.

slowfaller
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Similar to what your posting, what we have round our parts
http://www.pinstripes.com/

panbanger
08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't realize how popular these types of places were. It seems like they are for people who want to go bowling....but don't really like bowling? I mean it's pretty clear that if you are a serious bowler these places are at the bottom of your list.

I like the fact that theses are places serving really good food, but I would rather go to a "regular" bowling alley with good food. Not some "upscale" place with trendy people ironically behaving like us common folk :p

billf
08-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Behave ,,,

Behave yourself Wild Bill!!! You’re a happily married man!! Well a married man anyway! Hope its happy!! lol
p.s. She is waaaaaay to young for you! More like The Dude's age.... but somewhat older! The Dude is a pup!!!

Age is only a number lol 18-80
I've noticed that as I've aged, the age of those I'm attracted to has stayed nearly the same 18-80

TheSheibs
08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Closest one for me is San Jose. $5.25 per game during week and $6.25 per game during weekend. Seems very nice but it is just a little too far of a drive for me right now. I sometimes do some work down in that area. So I might stop by and bowl a few games one of these days.

edpup316
08-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Closest one for me is San Jose. $5.25 per game during week and $6.25 per game during weekend. Seems very nice but it is just a little too far of a drive for me right now. I sometimes do some work down in that area. So I might stop by and bowl a few games one of these days.

I've been to the one in San Jose, gf wanted to go shopping at the mall so i crept off across the street. The inside is huge to make room for the bar, resturant and pool room, and the lanes werent that bad except for the approaches being a little tacky, the black light bowling(at 3 in the afternoon) and the constient loud Pop music. Makes me sad when i see places like this with 50 or so lanes they could host some pretty great tourny's with all those lanes on weekend mornings before the birthday parties start no problem.

TheSheibs
08-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I've been to the one in San Jose, gf wanted to go shopping at the mall so i crept off across the street. The inside is huge to make room for the bar, resturant and pool room, and the lanes werent that bad except for the approaches being a little tacky, the black light bowling(at 3 in the afternoon) and the constient loud Pop music. Makes me sad when i see places like this with 50 or so lanes they could host some pretty great tourny's with all those lanes on weekend mornings before the birthday parties start no problem.

They host some leagues too. I checked out the website and they have several winter leagues. Makes me want to stop by during league play and see if they still play pop music or no music. Anyone bowl a league at one of these places?

Bowling Wonder
08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I didn't realize how popular these types of places were. It seems like they are for people who want to go bowling....but don't really like bowling? I mean it's pretty clear that if you are a serious bowler these places are at the bottom of your list.

I like the fact that theses are places serving really good food, but I would rather go to a "regular" bowling alley with good food. Not some "upscale" place with trendy people ironically behaving like us common folk :p

My thoughts exactly!