PDA

View Full Version : Is the approach supposed to feel slippery?

Ball99999
08-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Not sure what it was last night but I kept feeling like I was going to slip.. and it really messed me up I think. Too much fear.

bowl1820
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Not sure what it was last night but I kept feeling like I was going to slip.. and it really messed me up I think. Too much fear.

If you felt slippery, check your sole might have something on it. Use your shoe brush and rough the sole some. Also feel the approach might be some powder on it.

eugene02
08-10-2012, 09:35 AM
or maybe it could be some idiot publics that step their whole feet over the foul line and step back on the approach.. making it oily/slippery.

The German Shepherd
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
You should be able to slide without sticking, but it should not feel "slick."

Jay

MICHAEL
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Is the approach supposed to feel slippery?

ONLY IF YOU ICEMAN!

The German Shepherd
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Is the approach supposed to feel slippery?

ONLY IF YOU ICEMAN!

LOL! Should have known..... ;)

J.

striker12
08-10-2012, 12:18 PM
well every time in the summer leagues at my bowling allie they put this stuff down on the approach area to like clean it and it makes it slippery and its hard to not go over the foul line but the thing i do is cause its too slippery i will slid alittle to far i still do my 5 step approach but i take 2 steps backwards start abit of a disstance from the oul line so i dont go over it.

it could be they just put something on the approach to clean it next time your there ask them if they did.

ursus
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I was having the same problem. Scuffing the soles of my shoes with a wire brush seemed to help out quite a bit

Ball99999
08-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Just the right sole? Is the sole the part in the front?

bowl1820
08-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Just the right sole? Is the sole the part in the front?

The sole is the part in the front. The heel is the part in back.

If you slide on your right foot, then you brush the sole on the right foot.

If you slide on your left foot, then you brush the sole on the left foot.

Here the sole is the gray part, the heel is the white part
http://www.pyramidbowling.com/images/shoes/Youth/Skulls/9449-3.jpg

this is a shoe brush
http://ebonite.com/images/uploads/accessories/shoe_brush_blue_reto.jpg

Hot_pocket
08-11-2012, 11:41 AM
could have been someones easy slide ...and are your shoes new that would make a difference to...

TheSheibs
08-11-2012, 01:29 PM
If you feel you are sliding too much, ask and see if someone else is noticing it. If someone else says it's slippery, take your towel up to the foul line and wipe it down. Chances are when they oiled the lane the machine put down some oil on the approach side of the foul line that they didn't wipe up when oiling the lanes. When I start slipping at the foul line and no one else is, I just take a towel and wipe down my shoe. You don't necessarily need a brush. A towel works just fine and is what I have been doing in this situation for years. I actually have a towel that I use one side of for this situation.

Does a brush help with cleaning the soles? Yes. Is it something you absolutely need to have in your bag? No, a towel (not a micro fiber towel) works just fine.

Zothen
08-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Thats why I started wearing a tennis shoe on my right foot and bowling shoe on my left. It really does help prevent slipping.

Zothen

Stamps
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
or maybe it could be some idiot publics that step their whole feet over the foul line and step back on the approach.. making it oily/slippery.

This would be everyone at my bowling alley :/