PDA

View Full Version : Most strikes in a row you had....

The German Shepherd
08-10-2012, 09:56 AM
What is the longest string of strikes you have ever had? Also, what is the longest string of spares?

For me, the longest string of strikes was 24 - I threw the last 6 in my first games, all 12 in the second and then the first 6 in the third (226,300,279). For spares it is 14 - had an all spare game and followed it with 2 more spares before throwing a strike to "ruin" the string...

Jay

MICHAEL
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Remember now I started bowling 2 ½ years ago! Not much history,,, I have had some real nice games, in spite of my lack of style! 268, was my first big one 2 years ago. Many high scores 298, 289’s ect…

But last Monday I bowled on league a 290,,, 10 pin leave in the first, then all strikes! Then in the next game I started with 3 strikes, then a spare!!!! So I am no where shape or form close to your record!!
I have been so close to a 300, that I can taste it!!! Lol ,,,,, or could that be my Storm Virtual Gravity ball, with its fantastic aroma, orange chocolate LOL You should see my front teeth, and the side of my V. G. where I have unconsciously ran my teeth across its delightful surface of sinful pleasure!! O ,, Storm you are driving me crazy with your balls!!

I did have a league 700, which has been one of my goals!!

Your bowling is very impressive!!!! You being a Pastor, and having a close relationship with you know who,,,,,,,,maybe you could put a word in when you’re not busy, and ask him to give me a 300! ( On league night). I had a late start, and fear I don’t have that much time left, they said I would be in a wheel chair 7 years ago! But Here I am,,,,,, a SUPER HERO, Defending those in need, and protecting 3 legged dogs!!

Pastor, will there be bowling in (you know where??) If not what about the other place?? LOL,,,()

striker12
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
me i have had 18 strikes in a row the day i shot my 300 game and also got the other 6 strikes in the 3rd game games where (180-300-219) and my most spares in a row have been 22 almost went a full clean series of all spares but in the last game i started to get strikes and in the 10th i left the 7-10 split.

pines55
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Geez, I won't even put my best down. It'll just look embarrassing.

slowfaller
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
11 for a 278. Damn first frame

Florida Bowler
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Geez, I won't even put my best down. It'll just look embarrassing.

Does this make you feel better? My high is 6 in a row. I have also had a game where I had 5 in a row twice.

J Anderson
08-10-2012, 02:37 PM
11, spread over two games

jimlc2001
08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
I think my best was 16 strikes over 2 games during my 800 series. As for spares, 7 or 8.

billf
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I had a league night where all three games were spares. Not sure if that counts seeing as the fill ball wasn't a spare. I couldn't buy a strike that night but only had six 10 pins and no splits. Strikes in a row, 19. Twelve in the first game followed by seven to start the second game. That was in a non-sanctioned league though.

ursus
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I think my best is 8 strikes in a row

RoccoRock
08-10-2012, 09:13 PM
My best overall is 16. I had 4 in a row to end a game then a perfect game. I stopped there, and didnt push my luck into another gamer, but i probably should have to see how long i could go. In league play my best is 8.

Brownswick
08-11-2012, 08:43 AM
I got 20-in-a-row one day many years ago (1979) when I bowled my 847 series, back when bowling was bowling...

x x x x x x x 9/ xxx9

x 9/ x x x x x x xxxx

x x x x x x x x xx9/

20 in a row (2nd frame of 2nd game thru first ball in the 10th frame of 3rd game)

Hot_pocket
08-11-2012, 11:36 AM
my first 300 i had (20) the back 8 of the second game and then the next 12...as for spares i think i might have had 7-8

edpup316
08-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Throw 12 in my second game and 6 in my third for 18. First game was a 138 and my third game was a 180 something. Barley broke 600 absolutley disgusting the amount of spares i missed and splits i left.

billf
08-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I got 20-in-a-row one day many years ago (1979) when I bowled my 847 series, back when bowling was bowling...

x x x x x x x 9/ xxx9

x 9/ x x x x x x xxxx

x x x x x x x x xx9/

20 in a row (2nd frame of 2nd game thru first ball in the 10th frame of 3rd game)

While I agree that accuracy was more important years ago, I often wonder why people make posts like this implying how much better bowling was "back then" yet they haven't been able to beat, or even ,match their own records with the "easy conditions"

Gordon325
08-12-2012, 02:22 AM
14 strikes, 8 in the last 6 frames, 6 in the first 6 of next game.

I have never actually tracked spares... I do know I had one game 100% spares... so at least 12... I do not know how the game before ended or how the one after started though.

Gordon325
08-12-2012, 02:29 AM
While I agree that accuracy was more important years ago, I often wonder why people make posts like this implying how much better bowling was "back then" yet they haven't been able to beat, or even ,match their own records with the "easy conditions"

I have heard people in my league say that before too, (older guys) "Bowling aint what it used to be...much easier now with the ball doing all the work for you" ...then go on to exclaim how they remember when they threw their 299 game in 19XX ...just to finish off the night with a 175 average today in 2012... now I am not saying I don't believe that they had a 299 in 19xx.... but why are they no-where near that when the ball is doing all the work for them now.. lol...

Our team captain is 82 years old and has been bowling his whole life... he didn't throw a 200 till he was in his mid 70's ... He, on the other hand, complains about how hard it is to keep up with ball technology and how bowling has become a "game for the young" (I assume he means this in the sense of it is getting more scientific and harder for the older crowd to keep up ..I have never had him elaborate on this though)

chrono00
08-12-2012, 02:53 AM
I have heard people in my league say that before too, (older guys) "Bowling aint what it used to be...much easier now with the ball doing all the work for you" ...then go on to exclaim how they remember when they threw their 299 game in 19XX ...just to finish off the night with a 175 average today in 2012... now I am not saying I don't believe that they had a 299 in 19xx.... but why are they no-where near that when the ball is doing all the work for them now.. lol...

Our team captain is 82 years old and has been bowling his whole life... he didn't throw a 200 till he was in his mid 70's ... He, on the other hand, complains about how hard it is to keep up with ball technology and how bowling has become a "game for the young" (I assume he means this in the sense of it is getting more scientific and harder for the older crowd to keep up ..I have never had him elaborate on this though)

maybe you should ask him to elaborate so all of us can get a better idea?

Tokes
08-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Does this make you feel better? My high is 6 in a row. I have also had a game where I had 5 in a row twice.

Certainly makes me feel better lol. My high is 5 in a row on strikes and 6 in a row on spares. I get 4 in a row quite a few times then I choke lol.

TheSheibs
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Most strikes I have been able to do is 7. Every time I get that many I start thinking about that 300 game. It messes with my mental game. The day I threw 7 in a row, I kept putting my mind on something else. Plus it helped that on that day a friend was in the hospital having a baby. The kid was born an hour or so after I bowled that game. Most spares I have had, I think, has to be 8 in a row. I don't remember that day as much as the day I threw 7 strikes but it was a special day.

Hampe
08-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Most I ever had was 11-12 in a row over 2 games. Finished one game with 7 then started the next with 4 or 5. Nowhere near 20 like some of you guys :)

The German Shepherd
08-13-2012, 09:22 AM

I cannot speak for the other old timers who find the modern conditions much easier than in the "olden days" but I can say something....
#1 - Your "Typical House Shot" of today would have been illegal as it is certainly a block/ditch/wall that helps the ball to the pocket;
#2 - The balls I favored in the 70's and 80's were balls like the Columbia Yellow Dot (polyester) and the Roto Grip UC2 (Urethane) and none of them had steering wheels in them like the modern reactives;
#3 - From the day I started in leagues until I stopped bowling in 1994 (27 years) I had 6 series of 800+ and five 300 games. Since I started bowling again in October of 2011 (after not having picked up a ball in 17 years), I have not had any 300s but I did have a 299. Add to that several 700s and 4@800s.
#4 - Why aren't the old timers who talk about how much easier conditions are today than they used to be throwing amazing scores? Like I said, I cannot speak for everyone else, but I can tell you that my knees don't work as well as they used to, arthritis has taken it's toll on my fingers, knees, wrist, elbow and shoulder AND getting the revs I used to is not going to happen.

To be fair, I need to say that the modern reactive ball and lane conditions have certainly helped me "turn back the clock" a bit. There used to be a premium on accuracy. If you were to be successful, you needed to throw at boards. These days, you throw at areas. I have thrown on some shots recently where the shot was so easy that you could almost throw at SIDES (in other words, keep the ball on the right SIDE of the middle arrow and the balls will find the pocket)!!!

I don't care what sport you are involved in. There will always be old-timers who talk about the good old days. So, try to be kind to us old timers. As we age and our skills erode, we need something to hold on to...:eek::D.

Jay

J Anderson
08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
I cannot speak for the other old timers who find the modern conditions much easier than in the "olden days" but I can say something....
#1 - Your "Typical House Shot" of today would have been illegal as it is certainly a block/ditch/wall that helps the ball to the pocket;
#2 - The balls I favored in the 70's and 80's were balls like the Columbia Yellow Dot (polyester) and the Roto Grip UC2 (Urethane) and none of them had steering wheels in them like the modern reactives;
#3 - From the day I started in leagues until I stopped bowling in 1994 (27 years) I had 6 series of 800+ and five 300 games. Since I started bowling again in October of 2011 (after not having picked up a ball in 17 years), I have not had any 300s but I did have a 299. Add to that several 700s and 4@800s.
#4 - Why aren't the old timers who talk about how much easier conditions are today than they used to be throwing amazing scores? Like I said, I cannot speak for everyone else, but I can tell you that my knees don't work as well as they used to, arthritis has taken it's toll on my fingers, knees, wrist, elbow and shoulder AND getting the revs I used to is not going to happen.

To be fair, I need to say that the modern reactive ball and lane conditions have certainly helped me "turn back the clock" a bit. There used to be a premium on accuracy. If you were to be successful, you needed to throw at boards. These days, you throw at areas. I have thrown on some shots recently where the shot was so easy that you could almost throw at SIDES (in other words, keep the ball on the right SIDE of the middle arrow and the balls will find the pocket)!!!

I don't care what sport you are involved in. There will always be old-timers who talk about the good old days. So, try to be kind to us old timers. As we age and our skills erode, we need something to hold on to...:eek::D.

Jay

The older we get the better we were! Or is it drunker?

martinezsam2495
08-13-2012, 11:41 AM
4 strikes e.e

mdlee3
08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I've had probably the most unusual streak as my streak actually involved 2 different league days. On Thursday nights this last season, I ended the night by throwing the last 9 strikes for a 258. I didn't bowl at all over the weekend, but bowl on a monday morning league and threw the front 10 then before leaving the big 4 on my 11th ball. I got 3 of them for a 285, which is also my highest game ever.

mdlee3
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM

It should also be pointed out that just because somebody bowls a 299, it doesn't mean they are a great bowler. It just means everything was clicking for them that particular day. I've seen a woman with a 140 average bowl a 299, but does that mean she'll do it again? No, not at all. I've also seen 70 year old man with a 160ish average throw a 300 with a straight ball. I could bowl a 299 tonight and be nowhere close to it next week.

MICHAEL
08-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Bill, the reason is AGE!! They were in their 20/30s/40s , now they are old,,,,, ((like me, and many different body parts, and transplants))! I know a friend that I went to high school with that ran the 100 yard dash in 9.8,,, on a cinder track! Today on the high tech rubber track I timed him yesterday, at 24 seconds!!
Age can be the answer to your question. The eye sight starts to go, reflex goes, muscle tone and control get worse! But one thing all research points to is that bowling skills diminish at a rate factor of 6 3/3 to 1 22/13 in regards to the law of deminishing pin returns! This is a proven Law bill!

This has been tested with a control group of 10,534 back in 1943, and then again in 2012! That data is in,,,,, getting old does effect your bowling.

Thats why a person can bowl, that's 83 years old, even on the easy lanes of today and not beat a score made by him/her 50 years ago! Its hard to bowl out of a wheel chair, with artifical limbs, or even in some caseses a seeing eye dog!!

tazmike
08-21-2012, 07:10 PM
i bowled 16 in a row over 2 games. 2nd-10 frames first game. and i think 8 spares in a row is my high.