PDA

View Full Version : Defiant Edge Review from Jeff Mersch Roto Grip Staffer

jeff_mersch
08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Layout is pin above ring 4 7/8” from PAP with a balance hole.
I am a left handed tweener with a 325 rev rate.
This ball is the next great high performance ball from Roto Grip. This ball is designed to complement the original Defiant. The pearl cover stock gives the ball a clean roll through the front part of the lane. This ball is very continuous on the backend. It really does not stop. It goes through the pins with ease. I have used this ball on everything from house patterns to various length sport patterns.

I have tried this ball at multiple surfaces, and it has shown me that it is very versatile. This ball shines up well to get through the heads and save energy for maximum backend reaction. Even at 1000 grit, it still cleared the heads and continued on the backend.

If you love the original defiant, than this ball will be the perfect complement so that you can conquer any lane conditions thrown at you.

Jeff Mersch
Roto Grip Amateur Staff
PBA Member

bowl1820
08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Now in BTM when they tried it at 1000 they found it stopped right before the pins, which gave them a lot of flat hits. But it still rated real good.

Boy that would drive me crazy, having the grips stick out like that. I'd trim them down some.
http://s12.postimage.org/sif8jgxxp/defiantedge.gif