PDA

View Full Version : How should a ball fitted to your hand feel?

snugbucco
08-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi all I had my Quantum ball re drilled for my hand since i'v grown a bit since i'v bowled last. My question is how should a bowling ball feel thats been sized to your hand? Like what are some things I can do in the pro shop when he has me try my ball and ask "how does it feel"? Is it normal for it to feel "good" in the pro shop then use it in a game then realize the thumb span is too small? sorry if this is a dumb question lol. I'm gonna use my ball today for the first time since it was re drilled! cant wait!

Reason I ask this question If i roll the ball off of my cupped bowling hand with my other hand it seems the thumb hole is rubbing my thumb making it red on the skin/ nail crevasse.

With your hand in the fingertips and the thumb hole should the span lay flat or should their be a bit of an arch? sorry if this is a dumb question I tried to post a photo but its too large to put on the forum. :(

striker12
08-17-2012, 09:19 AM
well it depends ik a few people who have there flat but ik a few that are not fully flt cause there fingers wont go flat but bend abit jsut like my self my fingers bend abit but the pawm of my hand is still touching the ball.

it dose fell good when its drilled for your hand feels better then if it is to short or too long im caus ei got a few other bowling balls with spans to short and sinc ei startedgetting new bowling balls drilled uo for me the ball seems to be coming out of my hand alot bette.

about your hand getting red and stuff it could be that the thumb hole is abit to small or your gripping the ball but if your thumb is starting to hurt abit u can go and get some finger protecting tape and but it on your thumb up the back or both sides it also helps with good releases.

snugbucco
08-17-2012, 10:10 AM
thanks for the tip man :cool:

peterfa
08-17-2012, 01:30 PM
In the pro shop, you should be able to roll the ball on the floor to see if it FEELS GOOD, thumb RELEASES CLEANLY and fingers DON'T HURT. If any of the above doesn't feel right, the shop should address and adjust the problem.

As for the redness on the back of your thumb, if the ball fits then its the way you are holding the ball. Apparently, you are knuckling the ball, very common when you think you are cupping the ball but actually breaking the wrist. The protection tape on the thumb will fix this.

Good luck.

snugbucco
08-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Great tip on rolling the ball on the floor. Just tried at home, and it releases 100% clean. cant wait to hit the lanes. thanks guy :cool:

Oh and I think I see what your saying about the knuckling the ball. I'm gonna work on that thanks man.

striker12
08-17-2012, 11:49 PM
gl man i use protective tape on my thumb but i have to use it on the side of my thumb so i mainly rap it around the spot that gets it the most and ever since not one problem with my release cause normaly my thumb would stick on the back of my thumb hole and i opened it up abit to stop but the tape works much better.