PDA

View Full Version : Motiv 2Cruel

Dugbark
08-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 15.5 MPH Rev Rate-App 280 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 9 degrees Right Handed PAP-5 over, 1/4" up

The Motiv 2Cruel is designed for heavy oil patterns according to Motv. The ball is as advertised and more for me. It pushes through the heads on fresh shots, revs up in the mid lanes and make a strong, nearly snappy move when it encounters the end of the pattern. In addition, the core/cover combo allows me to move deeper and coontinue to use the 2Cruel much later in a shift then I have been able to with my previous heavy oil balls. Because of it's ability to wait to rev in the midlanes, I am able to use the ball playing inside as well as up the boards. Compared to the original Cruel, the Whiplash Hybrid Cover gets down the lane farther before making it's move. This accounts for the versatility of the ball in my mind. I am able up the boards, or swing it out to the dry until their is no longer enough head oil to get it down the lane. For me this, along with the Simga series, are the most versatile of the Motiv line. I believe I could use this ball on Medium lanes and with the correct drilling I may even be able oil much drier conitions. I think it will be a great match up for me early in long format tournaments, league nights and on longer patterns. The 2Cruel lets me know when to put it away as it will start leaving weak 10's and 7's on hits that look good.

If you use this ball as designed, that is on heavy or long oil patterns, it will be a very effective ball. To throw it on a burnt conditions will require a healthy polish and a longer drill pattern at the minimum. With the 2Cruel Motiv has a piece of equipment to give that Asymmetrical move at the breakpoint and the explosive hit of the pins as the original Cruel did.

I'm very colorblind but the Neomark Graphic makes the ball very pleasing to the eye and give it good shelf appeal, though I have

heard a number of comments about the pink in the ball :-).

Dug Barker
Motiv Staffer
BTM Youth Writer
Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
BWAA Member
SWBA Member
USBC Silver
2003 GLBA Youth Coach of the Year