PDA

View Full Version : 1st Impressions of the Beserk

Zothen
08-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Picked this ball up Friday and had it drilled pin under ring finger.

1st game OOB found the ball to be sluggish looking(All non polished balls look that way to me),but,moved pretty good for a 4000 finish ball.

2nd-4th had the proshop put a hand polish on the ball and WOW this ball went BESERK on me that took me couple games to get used to,then the ball went BESERK on the pins in 3rd game and ended with a 196 that should have been higher,but,had 2 horrible splits.

True test will be Tuesday & Wednsday leauges!

All & all this ball looks like a beast and will give update Thursday on how this ball performed in leauge.

Zothen

eugene02
08-19-2012, 01:17 PM
congrats to the new pick up! :)

striker12
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
sounds like a good ball gl hope you get a high avg

Zothen
08-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Well Tuesday started off good 167 & 191,then some idiot spilled water and did'nt say anything so I spent the 3rd game sticking and shot 141. The sticking carried over to Wednsday and started off with a 123,then some how I managed to find my slide again and shot a 177 and 222. All & all had 4 good games out of 6 so i'm happy. Hope to do better next week!

Tuesday the ball was at 4000 with polish and Wednsday had much better reaction after taking the ball to 2000 with polish. Will practice Friday and give it another go next week.

Zothen

itstyler
08-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Do you recommend this ball to someone with high rev rate, and throwing it at the ten pin so it could come back?

Zothen
08-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I would say yes,thou you may have to adjust the surface to meet your needs. I would also suggest that before you buy the ball to watch some videos of people throwing the ball and maybe take to your pro shop. Here is a site you can go to. Youtube video of Roto grip beserk.

Zothen

itstyler
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
thanks zothen. watched it and i think it would work well because i do put enough speed and i can find a line for this ball. wish you good luck with your leagues and the ball.

Zothen
08-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Thank you and same to you if you get this ball.

Zothen

billf
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Glad you're happy with the ball but I am disappointed that it is a Roto-Grip :rolleyes:

itstyler
08-29-2012, 01:15 AM
is there a problem with roto grip?

Zothen
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
You'll find that some people don't like a particular brand for whatever reason. I for 1 happen to like Roto Grip otherwise I would'nt have bought the beserk.

Zothen

wdc1987
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Ive been told that Roto Grip and Storm Bowling balls do not hold up at all (Crack easy). But I have only met like 1 guy locally thats throws them and he seems to like them. But all thats offered here is ebonite products and not many people will go online an order one they would rather go to the pro shops in the alleys. i am not religous to one brand and plan on trying both brands.

Zothen
08-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I have had my Defiant since it came out and have had no cracking issues with it(knock on wood) and have had my beserk for 2 weeks without any cracking so far.

Zothen

jimlc2001
08-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I've had my Roto Grip Cell Pearl and the original Storm Virtual Gravity for a long time now, no issues. Just picked up the Defiant, so I will see how it holds up in leagues this year. I do have the Storm Marvel that is not being used, but that is just because I'm not impressed with the reaction. The only ball I have that shows an extreme amount of wear is my OTB spare ball.

I find that cracking and major scratches are more due to a poorly maintained house than the ball manufacturer.

billf
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
My issue isn't with the quality of the product. Quality of their customer service is a different story. Let's just say it sucked so bad I gave away my Mutant Cell and haven't really touched my Victory Road or Hy-Road since. Instead of buying 1 new ball in January I ended up changing brand and bought a whole new arsenal of DV8. DV8's customer service has been exceptional.