PDA

View Full Version : Contest Aug 20, 2012 to Aug 26, 2012 - DV8 Marauder

BowlingBoards.com
08-20-2012, 12:01 AM
We are giving away a DV8 Marauder for a random poster from Aug 20, 2012 through Aug 26, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

JaMau24
08-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Awesome. Would LOVE this ball. Who wouldn't though... Good luck to everyone... and Bill, you can stop drooling now! LOL. I know you want this one!

striker12
08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
lol this is good 3 new balls in the past 3 weeks maby there will be a 4th new ball would like to try this ball out and bill if u get it i will offer u a great deal for it lol better then last time

eugene02
08-20-2012, 04:35 AM
WOAH! THIS IS THE BALL THAT I WANT =P but.. it depends if i win it or not.. hehe.. good luck all! great ball in my opinion!!

striker12
08-20-2012, 04:53 AM
yeah eugene if i win this ball then i will give it too you cause i have more bowling balls that i could get redrilled but not feel like it.

Keithalw
08-20-2012, 06:50 AM
I been looking at this ball literally for past four days and thinking what i could do with it and now I have a chance to win it... Awesome lets hope lady luck is on my side lol

RoccoRock
08-20-2012, 09:09 AM
When I was new ball shopping, this was at the top of my list. Would be nice to win it instead of buy it.

serial bowl
08-20-2012, 12:12 PM
This ball looks great going down the boards. Someone is going to be happy happy.

floridanative772
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Awesome, ive been looking at these lately too

Tokes
08-20-2012, 04:12 PM
That is a cool ball. I really like my misfit so I wouldn't mind trying another one or I could cheap out on my brothers birthday and be like here I got you this awesome newly released ball from Dv8 lol.

Hot_pocket
08-20-2012, 04:50 PM
good luck guys i should be receiving my maxxed out tomorrow from these guys which is pretty quick.... the picture for the contest makes the ball look intense lol

Keithalw
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Whoever gets this one will be getting a good ball I think..

billf
08-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Jason, it was more than drool when I saw the Marauder being this weeks giveaway. Of course if DV8 was smarter they would just give me an amateur sponsorship and I would be all set lol

eugene02
08-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Jason, it was more than drool when I saw the Marauder being this weeks giveaway. Of course if DV8 was smarter they would just give me an amateur sponsorship and I would be all set lol

ahahaha i would also want a DV8 sponsorship!!! hahaha

Cuda K5
08-21-2012, 05:33 PM
I would definitely love to give this ball a try. I have been wanting to get a lighter ball but I am too cheap to actually pay money for one :)

Cuda K5
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
yup, after last night i definitely need a lighter ball

kurowah
08-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Usually use roto balls, but i would love to try a DV8! =p

billf
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Once you become a deviant you can't go back

snappyarcher
08-22-2012, 10:24 PM
maybe this ball would make me open up to using DV8 balls!

kurowah
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Well, I am only a bandit now. Maybe the marauder life is more fit for me.. ;)

edpup316
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Well, I am only a bandit now. Maybe the marauder life is more fit for me.. ;)

IM A PRETTY PINK PANTHER!.... not as cool i know which is why i would love to get one of these DV8 balls. My gf has a Hell Raiser and the thing is a beast.

billf
08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
IM A PRETTY PINK PANTHER!.... not as cool i know which is why i would love to get one of these DV8 balls. My gf has a Hell Raiser and the thing is a beast.

Your girlfriend has a Hell Raiser while you have a pink panther........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
there are so many wise cracks just asking to be written here.

Tampabaybob
08-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Your girlfriend has a Hell Raiser while you have a pink panther........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
there are so many wise cracks just asking to be written here.

WOW Bill.......you're right !! There are so many responses, I don't know where to start.

Bob

billf
08-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Hmmmm......After I receive my new Revenge and Terror through the mail, if I won the Marauder all I would need to complete the line is the Zombie spare ball. Betcha I could talk the wife into letting me get that.

edpup316
08-26-2012, 02:22 AM
WOW Bill.......you're right !! There are so many responses, I don't know where to start.

Bob

I have a pretty Pearl Panther too!!! And a Motiv Ascent Pearl!! lololol <(me trying to laugh off the fact that i have to many girly collored bowling balls)

kurowah
08-26-2012, 06:19 AM
I just looked up the Pearl Panther Pink bowling ball. It's actually not bad =P. Pretty nice color scheme, absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about (if you are)!!

billf
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Names and colors don't matter. It's just funny that the female had the Hell Raiser while the guy had the Pink Panther. Not sure that's how the marketing departments saw that.

bowl1820
08-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Congrats on the win keithalw

eugene02
08-27-2012, 09:37 AM
congrats keithalw!

The German Shepherd
08-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Nice win on a nice ball keithaw!

J.

serial bowl
08-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Keithalw

striker12
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
gratz on winner hope the ball gets you those nice high games

Keithalw
08-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Holy crap!!!! I just oke up seriosuly at 4 in the afternoon cause I wasnt feeling good got on here and needless to say Im feeling great now lol... I said hell I prolly didnt win but I wanna know who did and behold I won loll.... Thanks everyone for the congrats and I have been wanting to try other balls and this will be a great chance for me to get to try DV8. Im still in awe that I won

Tokes
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Congratz on the win Keithalw hope you like that ball.

Keithalw
08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I cant wait to try it out on the lanes I am so stoked and thanks for the congrats toker...

itstyler
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Congrats Keithalw for winning.

billf
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Congratulations!!

kurowah
08-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Congratulations Keithalw! Hope you have fun with the ball!

Keithalw
08-28-2012, 03:49 AM
I believe I will have a lot of fun with it and maybe itll be one of my go to balls... Now the decision on how to get it drilled lol

eugene02
08-28-2012, 05:32 AM
normally i don't fret on how to drill because i don't know any layouts myself.. so i just leave it to my pro shop to do. i just tell him how i want the ball to act.. and he'll do it.. heee!

Keithalw
08-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Thats what I am going to do and also i know a few of yall have won balls how long does it generally take on shipping jw

got_a_300
08-28-2012, 11:32 AM
i know a few of yall have won balls how long does it generally take on shipping jw

If I remember correctly it took just a little bit over a week or so before mine arrived.

billf
08-28-2012, 08:58 PM
About a week. Evidently a lot longer if you live in Singapore.

Keithalw
08-29-2012, 02:20 AM
lol yeah im imagine signapore would have been longer... i checked it they send me tracking info and it shows that it should be here on ther 29 but ith this storm in the gulf i dunno if it will delay it a little or not... im still totally stoked bout winning

Tampabaybob
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Keith........you're gonna love this ball......congratulations and let us know some scores.

Bob

Keithalw
08-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Well I just got it in right after I went to work today at my dads house so I yet to take possesion of it lol... I cant wait to get this ball drilled up and see how it does.. I just got to take it to the guy who is drilling it and guess tell him what I want it to do... any suggestions? My mission 2.o is drilled long and strong

Keithalw
09-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Well I just dropped the dv8 off at a guys house to get drilled up... I am hoping he will bedone tonight so I can practice if not itll suck but I will be bale to throw it tomorrow...

billf
09-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Keith, do me a favor and ask what layout he drilled the ball to and what PAP.
I just layed out my Terror yesterday and had it drilled. I went with a 50x4x30 with a PAP 3 7/8 over 1/4 down. I used a clean ball Friday with my new release to obtain that PAP. This ball works freaking great for me all over the lane. Hope yours works just as well. I'm asking to learn more about matching layouts to bowlers.

Keithalw
09-02-2012, 09:37 PM
I will ask him bill...he might know my pap I dunno cause he did a lot more talk measuring and looking at the balls than the other guy did... I know he said he wants to watch me bowl a few times to see my track and where i release and stuff... he basicly said he likes to know how his customers bowl that way when i want a ball I can ship it to him tell him what I want done and e can get it done and I pick it up from there lol... but I will ask him bout the layout

Keithalw
09-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Unfortunatly bill he wasnt able to tell me the technical stuff... in just the last 24 hours of dropping my ball over there and picking it up I learned a hell of a lot from him that the local pro shop at the house wont tell you... and I mean just that Wont. He said he drilled it how I told him to and according to how I told him I bowled... he said he has been working a lot lately(drilling is a side job thing out of his house) that he gets a day off or whatever he wants to watch me bowl and see my bowling that way he can get the PAP and any ball I get in the furture he would know all that...

got_a_300
09-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Unfortunatly bill he wasnt able to tell me the technical stuff...

Whoa I don't think I'd want him drilling my equipment if he can not tell
you the technical stuff like if he drilled it say 40x4x50 or say 30x4.5x30
or whatever. I never drill a ball for someone without telling and showing
them before I clean the grease pencil lines off how I laid it out so he must
have done what I call a safe drill on it if he doesn't have your PAP.

There is a safe area/zone on balls that lets you get close without knowing
someones PAP but if you really want a fine tuned ball you must have/know
the persons PAP without it you may not get the reaction out of the ball with
your release that you were looking for.

Just ask billf about the PAP being off and then getting it right and having a
much better ball reaction for his release.

Keithalw
09-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah 300 he doesnt have my PAP and I never knew it... He is a new guy I started going to and thats why I said he ants to watch me bowl to see my style and also to get my PAP I would suppose. He told me the same thing you just said about have a fine tune ball by knowing PAP.

got_a_300
09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah knowing someones PAP means a world of difference in how
their ball is going to react for them after it is drilled. There are so
many different ways to lay out a ball for each individual by knowing
their PAP to make the same ball do a lot of different things. You can
lay the same 2 kinds of balls out differently one can be laid out weak
while the other can be laid out aggressive or very aggressively by just
knowing the persons PAP.

The new guy may be an alright driller then if he wants to watch you
throw a few shots and then get your PAP before he drills any more
balls for you.