PDA

View Full Version : Sigma Hybrid Review

jrob857
08-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Review:

The Sigma Hybrid was design with the award winning technology of the best ball of the year, the Sigma Tour. The new Sigma Hybrid brings back the sigma core; however the new Atomix Hybrid Reactive Coverstock gives that added bonus for the bowler to use this bowling ball on heavier oil conditions. The hybrid coverstock also makes the ball read earlier, have a more smoother ball motion, and still has that pop in the backend to kick out the corners. High rev players will love this ball because the ball reads so well on fresh and as the heads get beat of, the smoother ball motion with the coverstock will all you to move in and still keep that pop to kick out the corners. For the non high rev bowlers, this is the perfect ball for you because the Sigma Hybrid will give you length and nice strength and pop to knock down all ten pins.

INNER CORE: Sigma™
COVERSTOCK: Atomix™ Hybrid Reactive
FINISH: 1000 Wet Sand
15# SPECS: RG: 2.47, DIFF: .047

Comments:

After drilling the Sigma Hybrid, I put 2 mins of polish and went to the lanes. I have to say my favorite ball last year and I thought nothing is going to top this, until now. The first few times I threw this ball I had to stop and catch my breath. I was blown away how well the ball looked, read the lanes, and crushing the pocket. On fresh, the Sigma Hybrid read the lane well, turned the corner hard and hit like a truck. I have never seen a bowl drive so hard through the pocket. This ball will dominate the fresh and as the heads get beaten up, the player can move left for a right hander or right for a left hander and it will still have that pop you need to kick out the corner.

Likes: Ball Motion; Corner Turning; Nice driving force; Versatile ball

Dislikes: None

I recommend this ball for all bowlers and styles

John Robertson
Motiv Staff Member

bowl1820
08-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Well was down by the pro shop today and they seem to think the sigma hybrid is a good ball along with the 2 cruel. They tried them out at a demo which went well.
And they even put some in stock so will keep a eye out for this one.

farkas1992
08-24-2012, 09:28 PM
This again will be a benchmark ball for many people. It is strong enough to throw on the fresh, and when polished it is clean enough for lighter or broken down conditions. If you missed out on drilling a Sigma Tour or if you are looking for a ball that is similar in shape as the Sigma Tour but maybe need more overall hook order yourself a Sigma Hybrid. Available starting April 13th!MOTIV Staff MemberMike Magolan