PDA

View Full Version : Goals for 2012-2013 Season

JaMau24
08-22-2012, 11:40 PM
I thought I would make a thread so people could post their goals for this season.... Then, when the season is over, you can come back and look at if you accomplished your goals or not... Feel free to set some goals for yourself...

I like to set mine high...

My Goals:

Average 230 in at least one league (Participating in three leagues this season -- previous best: 223)
Bowl more than one 300 (One will be fine with me though!)
Bowl an 800 series
Win first place in all 3 leagues
Pick up 10 pin at least 90% of time
Don't get overly mad at yourself, stay positive at all times
Encourage teammates
Win at least one tournament (Unrelated to league)
HAVE FUN!!

Now I hope to complete as many of those as I can, I'll post a review after the season and let everyone know how I did.

Good luck to everyone this season!

Tokes
08-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Cool thread idea Jamau.

My Goals

I want to average 160 (I'm shooting for 180 but ill be happy with a 30 pin increase)
To handle pressure situations better and not choke on key shots
No faceplants in the alley (bought some shoe covers for those random spills
Get more consitent on hitting my marks
Improve my balance at the delivery

Really just trying to be more consistent all around.

MICHAEL
08-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Goals for 2012-2013 Season
1. Be a better person, more loving, and forgiving, spread my wealth from bowling around the world to all in need.

2. Try to resist the temptation to purchase a new storm bowling ball, but GOD THE APPLE CRISP, is cruel and inhuman punishment, once you have partaken of its aroma, its,,,, ITS Hard to not desire it next to your nose!

3. To build a Church, with a bowling alley in the basement! ( The Catholics had a good idea when they did that years ago) I remember my mom saying when I was but a small boy, that thunder was the angles bowling in heaven! It was at that moment that I knew I wanted wings, so that I could bowl with the angles! I even made a pair, got up on top of the barn in Kearney MO. And jumped! Next thing I remember was waking up, not in a celestial bowling alley, but in grandma’s kitchen on the table! She was a seamstress, and did a pretty good job of putting me back together.

4. Go to theology school so that I can not only have the church, with the bowling lanes in the basement, but save souls too! There is no bowling in hell! Only barbecuing, and cooking!

5. Never have a 10 pin leave! To do this I will simply go down and stuff the pin setting machine with old dirty rags, and continue to bowl!
That slot does not deserve clean rags,,, the pain and suffering it has cause most of us, and near perfect 300 games it destroys!

6. Be kind to all that deserve it on league night! The Dude knows what I am talking about! 99 percent of the people I have met bowling are wonderful fun loving people! It’s that one percent
That needs the Lord, or Iceman to see the light! Amen!!! I say again AMEN! (a certain a Man)!!!!
!

Last but not least, I want a 300 game, on my sanctioned league, (not my unsanctioned one with the older bowlers! Now that I did the 700, I am shooting for a 701, 725, and 749, I want a 800!! I want to be a good bowler, not just for the glory of it, but because I need people to worship me, and respect me! I want kids to say,,, when I grow up,,, I want to be just like that super hero bowling Iceman!
He is soooooo Slick, Cool, Frosty, Glacial, gelid, Icy, nippy, shivery, Solid! Iceman!

Zothen
08-23-2012, 04:10 AM
My goals for 2012/2013

To avg 170 or better in both regular and sport leagues

To be more consistant in hittng my mark

To improve on 10 pin pick ups

To remember to take a deep breath,keep my knees bent & inhale as I let the ball go

See everyone at end of season!

Good luck & good scoring!

Zothen

RoccoRock
08-23-2012, 06:35 AM
My goals:
-average mid 190's-200's for the season, and raise my sanctioned average
-bowl a sanctioned 300 game, 800 series
-have my team finish in the top 3 in both halves of the season
-help my teamates get better, and even help my friends on other teams
-use my thumb every single game!
-be the guy everyone in the league fears, and doesn't want to bowl against
-lead the league in match points won
-win lots of money in the brackets

striker12
08-23-2012, 08:20 AM
my goals

-try to avg 180+ ( in the 2 leagues in bowling in)
-try to get a 300 game (in any of the 2 leagues)
-try to get the 700 series
-try to hit at least 50% of splits
-hit 80% of 10pins
-stay calm
-try to get into a few turnnys this year(posably nationals if high enoph avg or local turnnys)
-for last of all have alot of fun

panbanger
08-23-2012, 09:59 AM
To beat my personal high game of 224.

To not have a really bad 1st week, so people accuse me of sandbagging and hit me with bags of sand or say something like "life's a beach" whenever I show up.

To resist the urge to say "oh captain, my captain" to whoever the captain of my team is, even if it's me and I say it to myself in the mirror each day, to the dismay of my girlfriend.

The German Shepherd
08-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Goals for 2012-2013 Season
1. Be a better person, more loving, and forgiving, spread my wealth from bowling around the world to all in need.

2. Try to resist the temptation to purchase a new storm bowling ball, but GOD THE APPLE CRISP, is cruel and inhuman punishment, once you have partaken of its aroma, its,,,, ITS Hard to not desire it next to your nose!

3. To build a Church, with a bowling alley in the basement! ( The Catholics had a good idea when they did that years ago) I remember my mom saying when I was but a small boy, that thunder was the angles bowling in heaven! It was at that moment that I knew I wanted wings, so that I could bowl with the angles! I even made a pair, got up on top of the barn in Kearney MO. And jumped! Next thing I remember was waking up, not in a celestial bowling alley, but in grandma’s kitchen on the table! She was a seamstress, and did a pretty good job of putting me back together.

4. Go to theology school so that I can not only have the church, with the bowling lanes in the basement, but save souls too! There is no bowling in hell! Only barbecuing, and cooking!

5. Never have a 10 pin leave! To do this I will simply go down and stuff the pin setting machine with old dirty rags, and continue to bowl!
That slot does not deserve clean rags,,, the pain and suffering it has cause most of us, and near perfect 300 games it destroys!

6. Be kind to all that deserve it on league night! The Dude knows what I am talking about! 99 percent of the people I have met bowling are wonderful fun loving people! It’s that one percent
That needs the Lord, or Iceman to see the light! Amen!!! I say again AMEN! (a certain a Man)!!!!
!

Last but not least, I want a 300 game, on my sanctioned league, (not my unsanctioned one with the older bowlers! Now that I did the 700, I am shooting for a 701, or maybe a 702! I want to be a good bowler, not just for the glory of it, but because I need people to worship me, and respect me! I want kids to say,,, when I grow up,,, I want to be just like that super hero bowling Iceman!
He is soooooo Slick, Cool, Frosty, Glacial, gelid, Icy, nippy, shivery, Solid! Iceman!

Yo Michael, I can help you with numbers 3 and 4!

My goals would be to average 210+ in my second year back from my hiatus. This may be a lofty goal, but I think it is within reach;
Throw one more 300;
Throw one more 800;
Add another Defiant (maybe the EDGE) to the arsenal.

Jay

got_a_300
08-23-2012, 02:43 PM
I guess my main goal this season is

1.too just make it through the season
without blowing my knee(s) out or having my back go out on me.

2. see above goal

3. any other goals would have to just be maybe bowl another 1 or 2
sanctioned 300 games and maybe have 2 or more sanctioned 800 series

mdlee3
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
1. Average 200+ in one of my leagues and 190+ in the 2 leagues combined.

2. Convert over 80% of my single pin spares. This could be a challenge since I leave a lot of 10 pins and I miss them a lot. However, so far in my 2 leagues this year, I'm 14/16 on single pin spares and 6/6 on 10 pins.

3. Win my Monday morning league. We've finished 2nd each of the last 3 years with the same team winning it each year and this team does not sandbag, they are just a bunch of good bowlers.

billf
08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Jason, this was an awesome idea

1. Win my Saturday night league (it's every other Sat), finished second last year
2. Finally bowl a SANCTIONED 300
3. Break the current house record (843)
4. Lead one of my three leagues in average
5. Fix all the crap I saw wrong in my latest video so I can accomplish the above
6. Finally bowl a season without a major injury
7. Set a world record

Hampe
08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
1. Average 180+ in both leagues (last year was 171 in one league and 191 (only 4 games) in the other)
2. 5 600 series this year (only 2 last year)
3. In the company league, win the D division and move up to C for next year (we were second in division E last year but still moved up to D due to various reasons)
4. Complete the switch to straight spare shooting and improve my spare %s.
5. Finish top 10 in a national or international tournament; finish top 3 in a regional tournament

I agree with Bill....this was a great idea Jason. We'll have to dig this thread back up next summer and see how everybody did.

Hampe
08-24-2012, 07:55 AM
username removed my goals

username removed you forgot one:

- learn to write at at least a 3rd grade level so my posts are actually legible

:P

MICHAEL
08-25-2012, 05:23 PM
- learn to write at at least a 3rd grade level so my posts are actually legible!

NOT NICE!!! (:(! I think he does it on purpose, just to make it more exciting! I mean, its like a puzzle! Keeep it up username removed, Iceman enjoys reading your post!
You have some good ideas, and thoughts!!

billf
08-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Only a super hero could make sense out of most of those posts. Me, I usually get a headache.

Mike White
08-26-2012, 01:57 AM
My Goals:
Average 210+
Bowl a 300 game
Bowl an 800 series
Stop leaving so damn many 10 pins.
Stop dropping the ball instead of projecting it.
Stop trying to squish the bug in bowl1820's signature.

edpup316
08-26-2012, 02:30 AM
OH THERE ARE SOOO MANY THINGS!....

Develope a more free arm swing
Win my Monday Night Football League
Win $1000 in tourny money
Keep a 230+ avg for one league
Bowl my first 800 series and my 3rd 300

Oh many these are going to be tough but i think i got this.

Keithalw
08-26-2012, 04:21 AM
My goals for the season...

average a 175 or higher

shoot my first 600 series then maybe a 700 =)

hit my marks

pick most if not all my spares up along with that pesky ten pin

Fetus
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Consistently bowl 600 series.

Keep myself composed and focused at all times and not let bad shots and splits effect as much and focus on my current shot instead of the overall game. The best I can do I can only do one frame at a time.

Make more friends. Learn from people who are better than me and help those who aren't.

Get at least one free pitcher of beer.

snugbucco
08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I want to be a better bowler and learn and use all bowling etiquette.

MinnesotaBowler
08-26-2012, 06:52 PM
My Goals

1. Make the All-Conference team for high school bowling

2. Average at least 190

3. Bowl a 700 series

4. Help my high school bowling team win our conference

wdc1987
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
1. Average atleast 185 +

2. Be more accurate on my spares

3. Shoot my first 700 ( So close so many times) lol

4 Shoot my first 300

5. win majority of our games this coming up season

Keithalw
08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Oh cant forget WDC cant stomp Tyler when we bowl his team lol

Keithalw
08-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Err I hate damn auto correct crap.... either way you know I meant got to

JaMau24
12-09-2012, 01:53 AM
UPDATE on my goals so far this season --

Average 230 in at least one league (Participating in three leagues this season -- previous best: 223)
Highest AVG in a league so far is 228 I think. So I still have some work to do.

Just bowled my first 300 of the season on Thursday. Still want another one (or two, or three, or -- you get the idea)

Bowl an 800 series
Haven't done this yet! Highest series of THIS season is 780.

Currently in first in ALL my leagues!! Need to keep that up!

Nope! Not picking up the 10 pin 90% of the time. Right now I'm at 80% exactly. Picked up 161/199. It's not likely I'll get to 90% this season. Just want to improve from here on out though.

Still get frustrated with myself sometimes. Trying to get better at that as well.

Encourage teammates
Absolutely.

First in a team event so far, but want a 1st place finish for singles!

HAVE FUN!
Definitely having fun!

billf
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM

1. Win my Saturday night league (it's every other Sat), finished second last year
5. Fix all the crap I saw wrong in my latest video so I can accomplish the above
7. Set a world record

So far:
1. Tied for first on Saturdays. Monday league we won the first half so guaranteed a chance to at least bowl for the top spot at season's end. If we win second half then we won't have to bowl a championship game.
2. Close but close doesn't count.
3. Not as of yet
4. Saturday league is my best bet at this point. Sitting in fourth in that league about 8 pins behind first.
5. Still fixing crap.
6. Couldn't do it. Fractured my bowling wrist AGAIN.
7. Trying to line things up for after the season. Volunteers to count have been a major issue for the over night portion.

75lockwood
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
So far:
1. Tied for first on Saturdays. Monday league we won the first half so guaranteed a chance to at least bowl for the top spot at season's end. If we win second half then we won't have to bowl a championship game.
2. Close but close doesn't count.
3. Not as of yet
4. Saturday league is my best bet at this point. Sitting in fourth in that league about 8 pins behind first.
5. Still fixing crap.
6. Couldn't do it. Fractured my bowling wrist AGAIN.
7. Trying to line things up for after the season. Volunteers to count have been a major issue for the over night portion.

what world record are you trying to set??? sounds like an awesome idea...

ArtVandelay
12-09-2012, 10:14 PM
My goals???

- Do NOT get beer framed....

- Participate, often, in the beer framing of others.

- A 700 series would be nice. I've come within 20 pins of it a few times, but the best I've done is 695. It seems elusive...

Hammer
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
To get out of the current slump I am in. To at least get up to a 180 average. To have my body hold up to bowling the rest of this year and next year.

AKbash
12-10-2012, 04:51 AM
My goals are simple really..

1. To be able to overcome pressure and adrenaline in competitive play.
2. To be consistent at hitting my mark.
3. To have a more smooth approach, release, and delivery.
4. Go a whole week without scoring 130 or lower (getting close to this one)
5. Get my average up and handicap down in league so we won't be called sand baggers.
6. To have an average of atleast 130 in league by end of the season...

In other words. I just want to get better! Get the basics and fundamentals down...and then just to master them...

JaMau24
04-28-2013, 02:02 AM
I thought I would make a thread so people could post their goals for this season.... Then, when the season is over, you can come back and look at if you accomplished your goals or not... Feel free to set some goals for yourself...

My Goals:

Bowl an 800 series
Encourage teammates
HAVE FUN!!

Goals for 2012-2013 Season COMPLETED

No, the highest average I ended up with was 223 and the lowest was 220 in multiple leagues and multiple bowling alleys.

Just one. Several close chances though. A lot of 279's with 10 pin, 8pin, 7 pin, or 9 pin robbery at some point.

Bowl an 800 series

Yes! 800 right on the nose!

1st out of 12, 1st out of 12, and 6th out of 40.

After hovering around 90% for the first couple months, I fell off and ended the season at 84%. Still need to improve, but overall, not too displeased.

Still get angry with myself, even more so as the season progressed, but rarely, if ever let it affect my next shot.

Encourage teammates

When needed, yes.

First in a team tournament, but not in a singles event. Stopped bowling tournaments half way through the season till this point for various reasons. Going to start again this summer.

HAVE FUN!!

Started the season having a lot of fun, then as I started bowling more and more, I got tired of it and wasn't having as much fun. That being said, I still had a great time bowling with all my teammates (except for one guy on my Saturday league).

That's it though. This season is a wrap (for the most part)! I have one last league day next Thursday.

Hope you all did well in the goals you set for yourself.

J Anderson
04-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Goals for 2012-2013 Season COMPLETED

No, the highest average I ended up with was 223 and the lowest was 220 in multiple leagues and multiple bowling alleys.

Just one. Several close chances though. A lot of 279's with 10 pin, 8pin, 7 pin, or 9 pin robbery at some point.

Bowl an 800 series

Yes! 800 right on the nose!

1st out of 12, 1st out of 12, and 6th out of 40.

After hovering around 90% for the first couple months, I fell off and ended the season at 84%. Still need to improve, but overall, not too displeased.

Still get angry with myself, even more so as the season progressed, but rarely, if ever let it affect my next shot.

Encourage teammates

When needed, yes.

First in a team tournament, but not in a singles event. Stopped bowling tournaments half way through the season till this point for various reasons. Going to start again this summer.

HAVE FUN!!

Started the season having a lot of fun, then as I started bowling more and more, I got tired of it and wasn't having as much fun. That being said, I still had a great time bowling with all my teammates (except for one guy on my Saturday league).

That's it though. This season is a wrap (for the most part)! I have one last league day next Thursday.

Hope you all did well in the goals you set for yourself.

Even though you didn't meet most of your goals, it looks like you came pretty close on most of them. Remember that goals should always be a bit of a stretch, attainable but not too easy. Enjoy your summer break and come back refreshed and ready to surpass the goals that you didn't meet!

billf
04-28-2013, 09:28 AM

7. Set a world record

1. Came in third. Had to forfeit the points one night due to two teammates attending my nephew's wedding dropping us to third before position round.
2. Nope but did get two consecutive during practice and one in a non-sanctioned tournament.
3. No again but one day I will.
4. Missed that one too but only by a few pins. I had a good chance until I broke my wrist. Took me too long to find a brace I liked and get use to it.
5. I will always be a work in progress.
6. lol entrapped ulnar nerve in my right elbow, broke my right wrist and then burst the bursa sac on the outside of my right elbow
7. The alley put that on hold first and me now. I need to get all the injuries fixed before trying or it could end my bowling forever.

JaMau24
04-28-2013, 10:50 PM
JaMau24

Well I guess I shouldn't speak too soon! I shot another 300 tonight on the last night of league! With the DV8 Misfit Pearl

Keithalw
04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
My goals were

My goals for the season...

average a 175 or higher=Achieved with a 176

shoot my first 600 series then maybe a 700 =) Achieved this right after winter break with arson hybrid shot a 604. Went on to shoot two more for league

hit my marks=Always working on this

pick most if not all my spares up along with that pesky ten pin=Not a 100% yet but always looking better

aussiedave
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM

My Goals:

Bowl an 800 series
Encourage teammates
HAVE FUN!!

Now I hope to complete as many of those as I can, I'll post a review after the season and let everyone know how I did.

Good luck to everyone this season!
Have never hit 250 in league - but own 5 scores in the 240's including a 248. Should get this milestone this season, then on to 275.
Raise my average from 171 to 185 - this is feasable with the discovery of a style change late last season where I averaged 190.25 over the last 4 weeks.
Get a new high series - current is 643. I'd like to break 675.
Close 90% of frames.
300 would be nice, but these are realistic goals for now.
ad.

TCJ
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Now someone needs to start a "Goals for 2013-2014 Season" thread.

J Anderson
05-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Hold on there, we've still got this week and next to finish 2012-2013 in Fairfield!

RoccoRock
05-06-2013, 06:56 PM
My goals:
-average mid 190's-200's for the season, and raise my sanctioned average
-bowl a sanctioned 300 game, 800 series
-have my team finish in the top 3 in both halves of the season
-help my teamates get better, and even help my friends on other teams
-use my thumb every single game!
-be the guy everyone in the league fears, and doesn't want to bowl against
-lead the league in match points won
-win lots of money in the brackets

1. Nope, averaged 183 for the season
2. nope and nope. Had the front 9 two weeks ago but left a split first ball in the 10th. Didn't even bowl a 700
3. No, and yes. 10th first half, 3rd second half
4. Yes, helped all of my teammates, and a few buddies on another team as well.
5. Not even close, Week one I bowled the 3rd game two handed. Bowled most of the second half season two handed as well
6. No, then yes. First half, I was just another crappy bowler, second half I was bowling nearly every game above my average, and most games well above.
7. Nope, but I would be close second half if not for a scoring error.
8. Nope, didn't play the brackets once, I was such a mess most of the season it would have been a waste.

All in all, I failed in a lot of ways, but I had fun despite almost getting thrown out of the league twice for temper tantrums. If I would have bowled all season two handed, and my body would have held up, I may have reached more of my goals. I did learn something this season. Even though I am better at it, and can average higher, I can't bowl two handed for a whole season. I did it for 10 weeks, with 7 of those being over 600, but it took a toll on my back, and my fingers.

WolfGirl1980
05-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I think for this topic my goals would be to completely change my game for the better and throw away all those bad habits i picked up over the years.

-Sara

J Anderson
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I think for this topic my goals would be to completely change my game for the better and throw away all those bad habits i picked up over the years.

-Sara

These are very broad and ambitious goals. Everyone needs goals that are difficult but not impossible to reach.

The next step is to talk with your coach and define some objectives that are specific and measurable to help you make it to your goals. In other words list all these bad habits and figure out what habits you will replace them with.

classygranny
05-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Did this get started and I missed it? I've been thinking about some, but haven't finalized them.

TCJ
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Did this get started and I missed it? I've been thinking about some, but haven't finalized them.

If it has, I haven't seen it.

aussiedave
05-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Have never hit 250 in league - but own 5 scores in the 240's including a 248. Should get this milestone this season, then on to 275.
Raise my average from 171 to 185 - this is feasable with the discovery of a style change late last season where I averaged 190.25 over the last 4 weeks.
Get a new high series - current is 643. I'd like to break 675.
Close 90% of frames.
300 would be nice, but these are realistic goals for now.
ad.
Had a strange one for the first week back in the new season - got 180 - 134 - 224 = 538
Had a shocker in the first game as well as the second as I got 7 strikes - and only one lousy spare so missed one of my goals big time straight away.
Finally sorted myself out in the last to recover to 179 ave for the night which is encouraging as it is more that last season even though very early going yet. Six strikes in that one. One of the strikes in particular in that one was as pretty as they come.
ad.

J Anderson
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Good idea. You're elected to do so.

WolfGirl1980
05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
These are very broad and ambitious goals. Everyone needs goals that are difficult but not impossible to reach.

The next step is to talk with your coach and define some objectives that are specific and measurable to help you make it to your goals. In other words list all these bad habits and figure out what habits you will replace them with.

One Specific goal is to learn to slide and another is to keep my elbow straight and another is to not muscle the ball and another is to learn to put revs on the ball and another is to learn to rotate the ball right and another is stay behind the ball and not put a suitcase grip on the ball.

UBowling
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Here were my goals for the 2012-2013 season, which are still in progress as I bowl in the Summer and USBC counts it for this season.

Receive 10 Lessons From USBC Gold Coach - In Progress 7/10 (2 C.A.T.S. lessons)
Shoot 300 Game - Incomplete
Shoot 800+ Series - Incomplete
Win 3 Tournaments - In progress 1/3
Place in the Top 5 of the Storm Utah Open - Failed
Add 3 New Clients For Coaching - Completed
Get to 100,000 Views on the YouTube Channel for the Website - Incomplete Currently 27,000+

WolfGirl1980
05-21-2013, 10:05 AM
To Not Turn My Wrist in My Release and Swing
To Learn To Slide instead of planting my my foot .
To have good foot work and a good approach .

classygranny
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM

Sara

There is a new thread started for 2013-2014 - Perhaps you want to repost this on that thread so you can find it at the end of the 2014 season.

WolfGirl1980
05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Sara

There is a new thread started for 2013-2014 - Perhaps you want to repost this on that thread so you can find it at the end of the 2014 season.

OK, I will thanks!!

Hampe
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
1. Average 180+ in both leagues (last year was 171 in one league and 191 (only 4 games) in the other)
2. 5 600 series this year (only 2 last year)
3. In the company league, win the D division and move up to C for next year (we were second in division E last year but still moved up to D due to various reasons)
4. Complete the switch to straight spare shooting and improve my spare %s.
5. Finish top 10 in a national or international tournament; finish top 3 in a regional tournament

1. Didn't make this in either league. Just too inconsistent. 174 in one league and in the friday night league I struggled big time this year....I don't even think I had a single series with 180 avg :(.

2. Also whiffed on this one....ZERO 600 series this year :(. I had a few 590 series, but couldn't get over the hump.

3. After starting 46-2 it looked like we would cruise up to division C, but we hit a team slump after that and went 15-21. It was still enough to win our division though. We did reach a bonus goal too by making the semi-final for the League Cup tournament (the league is similar to european soccer, where the leagues are tiered and next to the normal season they have a "cup" tournament with all teams from all leagues). We lost in the semi-final to an A division team, but will play in the 3rd place game next friday.

4. Abandoned this goal until I got a plastic spare ball, which is currently being drilled.

5. Didn't quite make the first one; my best finish in a national tournament was 12th , which would have been a lot higher if I had an official handicap at the time (I played about 20 pins over my average). The second goal I reached; I won the city championship for men's category C (<175 avg).

This season was a bit disappointing as far as average/scores go, but I did reach or come close to reaching most of the acheivements I had set for myself. I also started meeting with a coach once a week for the second half of the season, and so far I would say that has helped a lot. Already looking forward to next season :).

aussiedave
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Hi Wolfgirl - just saw this post. I knew a center owner in Au who also happened to be a top level coach who was elected to coach the under 16 State champion girls team. He was insistent that his girls bring their hand up to touch their ear (right hand for rightie) and made them practice their follow through with a second swing after the first in the full knee bent release position before they were allowed to rise. From what I can see, this taught them accuracy at hitting their target and balance at the line.
Food for thought.
ad.

aussiedave
06-04-2013, 10:59 PM
After a handy 607 last week, I threw a career high 172 - 277 - 246 = 695. Previous high league game was 248 and series 643.
Went back to the old Blue hammer the last two weeks and what a difference just rolling your arm through makes!
Had front 7 in both 2nd and 3rd games.
One happy camper.
ad.

Jaescrub
06-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I want to bump my Avg. up by 40 pins. Add to my Arsenal of equipment by Buying and winning a ball or two for my self. And get my wife and I revs up ;)

aussiedave
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
After a handy 607 last week, I threw a career high 172 - 277 - 246 = 695. Previous high league game was 248 and series 643.
Went back to the old Blue hammer the last two weeks and what a difference just rolling your arm through makes!
Had front 7 in both 2nd and 3rd games.
One happy camper.
ad.
After the high of these two weeks, threw a disappointing 496 - not horrible for me but a big letdown. Had 15 10 pins in that series - don't recall ever having that many in a three game series.
Last night was a bit better, 157 - 205 - 180 = 542. Average is holding steady at 183 and 185 was one of my benchmark's for goals this season, so am happy about that.
ad.