PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade my shoes, and if so to what?

Ball99999
08-23-2012, 05:39 AM
I have a cheap pair of bowling shoes but I'm wondering if I'd notice a difference with better shoes?

striker12
08-23-2012, 08:24 AM
it depends on what type of shoes do u 1 shoe as a single slider
or dose eather of the shoes have a sliders on them
or no sliders on eather shoe.

it depends on how you bowl to use one of these shoes it dose not mean the type of shoe i use $120 shoes and they work great and ik other people with $400 shoes and there jsut as good a smine they just look better.

Ball99999
08-23-2012, 08:25 AM
both of them have sliders..
they were like $30 and look neat :P

JaMau24
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
If you are very serious about bowling then yes, I'd upgrade to an expensive pair (not to say that anyone who has a less expensive pair isn't serious). There are advantages to the more expensive shoes, being that the foot you don't slide with, will have rubber for extra traction when going through the approach, AND most of them will have changeable soles. So if you're bowling a different alley with slick approaches, you can change your sole to something that won't slide as much or vice versa.

Ball99999
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I think the ones with changeable soles might be too expensive, otherwise what to look for?

floridanative772
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Are you having a problem with not having enough slide with yours? If so maybe pick up a teflon slide pad, i have always used those and they work great for me.

bowl1820
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Are you having a problem with not having enough slide with yours? If so maybe pick up a teflon slide pad, i have always used those and they work great for me.

The stick on Teflon slide pads are okay, but it mess's up the sole with the adhesive so you can't really remove it and still use the shoe.

A better choice would be a Bowlers Slide sock, it's removable. That way if you need less slide you can take it off or if you want more just put it on.

striker12
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
the shoes i have are etonic on the box says.

-flex zone technology with perfect slide sole technology on slide foot
-raised textured rubber heels for better breaking
-high performance uppers; full fabric lined
-elastic tongue straps hold tongue in place for secure, confortable fit.

and these shoes costed me $120. normal price from what the guy at the pro shop sead $200

backlasher
08-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Any thoughts on these?
http://www.bowling.com/products/linds-mens-new-era-john-right-hand.htm

bowl1820
08-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Any thoughts on these?
http://www.bowling.com/products/linds-mens-new-era-john-right-hand.htm

Linds are okay shoes they were the big name, before Dexter and Etonic's. Those look okay they have a slide sole and a traction sole, great price.

Not having interchangable soles is not a deal breaker, You only really need those if your going house to house a lot, with different type approaches.

The important thing is they have a slide sole and a traction sole.

You should also invest a couple of extra dollars in some shoe covers to put on them. For walking around, going to the restroom etc. so they don't get wet or something stuck on them.
http://gripritedirect.com/Images/ShoeCovers.png

wdc1987
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM
I had a pair of Dexter sst8 and they started to rip withing 2 months. the soles were coming lose from the top. Aftert hat happend i decided never to buy expensive shoes again! i went to academy and bout 5 pairs of dexters for $11.00 a pair. Once I have used those I will just buy a cheaper pair.

Fatal
08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a pair of nice looking black brunswick shoes I got for about $30. I have slide troubles though. I have had them for about a year and never they never really slid right for me.

billf
09-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I had a pair of Dexter sst8 and they started to rip withing 2 months. the soles were coming lose from the top. Aftert hat happend i decided never to buy expensive shoes again! i went to academy and bout 5 pairs of dexters for $11.00 a pair. Once I have used those I will just buy a cheaper pair.

I had the same problem. I took some pics, sent an e-mail and they sent me a new pair for free

eugene02
09-03-2012, 12:01 AM

hope i'll nvr have that problem with mine >_<

Ball99999
09-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I've been looking for some shoes but the ones with the different soles are out of my price range.