PDA

View Full Version : Two in One grips questions

serial bowl
08-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Is it ok to flip my inserts to use the powerlift end or should I pick up new ones? I have never removed inserts before so I do not know if they get torn up from removal.

billf
08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Most of the time they will tear. I've re-used them before if the tear wasn't too bad. I also keep extra tips of assorted colors in one of my bags. When you glue them in just use a drop. It doesn't take more than that to keep them in place.

serial bowl
08-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks Bill, that's what I was concerned about. I did watch a video on the correct installation techniques.
Are you getting things worked out for your record attempt?

bowl1820
08-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Is it ok to flip my inserts to use the powerlift end or should I pick up new ones? I have never removed inserts before so I do not know if they get torn up from removal.

Billf is right about them tearing etc. You can get them out if your very careful and they are not overly glued. most of the time it's not with the trouble, plus some times the shops trim the other end.

One thing to watch though using the power lifts, is that they can increase your span some what. ( like beveling shortens it)

serial bowl
08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks 1820.