PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new ball...

floridanative772
08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Went to the pro shop today with all intentions of getting a reckless. Told the pro how its been years since I was serious into the sport and all I had was my old hammer. He said he wanted to see me throw a few. After that he told me he wanted me to get something more aggressive and basically talked me into the defiant. Which I actually was watching videos and reading reviews on the last couple days and quite intrigued. He even stayed late to drill the ball with me as I have a bit of a drive to the lanes. I'm home now and other obligations unfortunately kept me from trying it out yet, but will be going tommorow to get some practice in. I hope I made a good decision and this ball works well with me. I put all my trust in the pro and hope he knows better than me lol.

bowl1820
08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
If I had to chose between the the two balls. I would have picked the Defiant, I like Roto's and the Defiant was rated pretty good. should be good for the league THS.

Not saying the DV8 wasn't rated good too. In fact with the right layouts the two balsl might make a good combo.

The German Shepherd
08-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Great ball, that Defiant. 3000 abralon gets it through the heads cleanly and then the ball turns hostile....I love mine.

Jay

billf
08-26-2012, 12:27 AM
You will be fine with the Defiant. Just trust that it will come back and swing free. Enjoy practice and try several lines.

Zothen
08-26-2012, 01:14 AM
I love my Defiant! I had it polished over the 3000 and it was AWESOME! I will be sanding it to 1000 and it's going to be my sport league ball. I loved the Defiant so much I went and bought the beserk and I love how this ball moves.

Enjoy the new ball!

Zothen

floridanative772
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Just got home from throwing 2 games with the defiant. Tournament today so got kicked off early. First game was a 159 and second a 193. Disappointed I couldn't spend more time with it today as I was starting to read it last game. I don't know if it was due to the heavy oil first thing but I was not getting a hard turn back with it. I was expecting more and was why my first game suffered. Second game I was throwing up the right side between 2nd and 3rd and hitting the pocket. One thing I'm wondering is should the pro have drilled a balance hole? My hammer has one and was wondering why he didn't on the defiant. Possible he forgot? I am going to take a picture of the ball so anyone can give me some insight on how it was drilled and if it could be due to that.

floridanative772
08-26-2012, 11:39 AM
heres a pic

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/bbrinkley772/20120826_112749-1.jpg

bowl1820
08-26-2012, 11:40 AM
One thing I'm wondering is should the pro have drilled a balance hole? My hammer has one and was wondering why he didn't on the defiant. Possible he forgot?.

My thought has always been, You don't punch a hole unless you need it to make it legal or until you know for sure you need it (to change the dynamics of the ball).

You can always add it later.

snugbucco
08-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks good :) .. I have a counter weight on my quantum that was there when i bought it used, I never had it filled.. And Iv been rolling on my middle finger hole almost... Tomorrow I pick up my new frantic, that's good to hear they don't punch counter weights in your ball unless you need it or you are trying to make it legal. I really didn't want another ball that rolls over my finger hole... the balance hole on my quantum is 3 oz its dead middle on the side.

Zothen
08-26-2012, 01:24 PM
That is exactly the way I have mine drilled. No weight hole as it meets requirements to be tournament legal.

Zothen

bowl1820
08-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Looks good :) .. I have a counter weight on my quantum that was there when i bought it used, I never had it filled.. And Iv been rolling on my middle finger hole almost... Tomorrow I pick up my new frantic, that's good to hear they don't punch counter weights in your ball unless you need it or you are trying to make it legal. I really didn't want another ball that rolls over my finger hole... the balance hole on my quantum is 3 oz its dead middle on the side.

It's not necessarily the weight hole that makes your ball roll over the finger hole. Since you got the ball used and If you didn't get it changed, it's probably not layed out right for you.

floridanative772
08-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys, I think I just need to get back out and spend some more time with it. Ive been out of the sport so long I am training my muscles and can feel it even after 2 games lol. This new ball has given me drive to get out and get my game back 100% and get competitive again.