PDA

View Full Version : Finger hole size

Ball99999
08-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Is having loose finger holes ok? My new ball the holes were too tight so I grinded them down to loose but I keep getting damage on the right side of middle finger not sure why. Old ball with worn out holes feels comfortable and are ovals. New balls are powerlift which I might need with such a short span.

Zothen
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Their suppose to be snug fit to where your fingers go in/out comfortably. Sounds like your holding the ball to tight since the hole is to loose. My guess your getting a friction burn or blister. Either way pain is no good,so get new grips!

Zothen

striker12
08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
yeah as zothen sead the fingers are aspoce to be feeling nice on some of my bowling balls most are feeling good and 2 other i did this my self made 1 alittle too tight but i push my fingers in the finger grips and it helps me creat alot more rev and the one i have lose will help me get the ball across the lane when they burn out and take alot of rev off the ball soo it wont over hook.

and the alittle tight and alittle lose grips are on my most agressive balls

billf
08-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Plus "grinding" them down at times causes a change in texture. There is already enough friction on the fingers without making the texture even more coarse. Why is the span shorter?

Ball99999
08-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Their suppose to be snug fit to where your fingers go in/out comfortably. Sounds like your holding the ball to tight since the hole is to loose. My guess your getting a friction burn or blister. Either way pain is no good,so get new grips!

Zothen

I don't hold the ball at all during the swing.. The holes were too tight when they were new though, painful tight.

Ball99999
08-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Plus "grinding" them down at times causes a change in texture. There is already enough friction on the fingers without making the texture even more coarse. Why is the span shorter?

Just a small span I guess. I look at videos where people have spans that almost look like they're on opposite sides of the ball.

billf
08-29-2012, 11:49 PM
The way I read it was that the span was shorter on the new ball compared to the old ball. Small hands are not a real issue in bowling.