PDA

View Full Version : New DV8 terror blister problem?

MICHAEL
08-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Had my new ball drilled, and funny thing, The Vise twist thumb insert gave me bad blister on the outside of my thumb after only 4 games? This is the same twist that I use in the other balls, and never get a blister even after bowing 12 games? Can it be the pitch may be different? This thumb insert that Trent made for me has worked great? Now, in the new ball blister, could it be reverse pitch maybe or angle the thumb hole was drilled? When I put the blue tape on both sides of my thumb, I could not even hold on to the ball, kept dropping it in the release! Is this a pitch problem maybe since the thumb hole (Vise ), works great in the other balls with no discomfort?

bowl1820
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Did they use the grip spec's from your other ball? if so there shouldn't be a problems, unless they miss drilled it or your doing something different.

Have the shop check the grip against your other balls grip see if they match and check his drill sheet if it matches.

billf
08-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Obviously the hole is drilled different on this ball in some way, shape of form.

MICHAEL
08-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks Bill, Thats what happened a while back when I had a ball drilled with reverse pitch, Trent, did that experiment! Did not work and did the same thing, same place! Reverse Pitch was suppose to give me more Rev's! But this was drilled by James, and the guide ball he used to drill the new one was working perfect! I could bowl 12 games with The Dude and no problem! This happend after just 3 games! I will take the ball out to Bruce/James anong with the original one to see if this can be fixed! I love the ball, first two throws after the drilling were strikes! Great angular dive into the pocket on Fresh Oil! My guess is the pitch! Will find out tomorrow before league tomorrow at 6:30!

MICHAEL
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
thanks bowl1820, will do!! I can't get over how quick and deep the blister was on the outside of the thumb! I've been licking it all day, and its looking better!

got_a_300
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Iceman if it is the same twist in insert then it almost has to be the
pitch either too much reverse or maybe a little too much side pitch.

Just happened to think if they didn't get the inner insert in just the
right place it could be that it is causing the twist in insert to be just
a little bit out of alignment.

MICHAEL
08-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Good point Got a 300 (bill)! James got a knife out and did a little cuting on the plastic liner! I only bowled 3 games yesterday, but no problem so far! He checked the pitch ect ect all looked good. I think it was that plastic linner! Was a little high.

AngeloPD
08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Glad you've solved your problem Micheal. Got any video of you throwing it ? :)

MICHAEL
08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Not yet Angelo, I caught the flu from a guy on my league Monday morning! I will put some on in the near future! Its remarkable the amount of kick it has! I am a stroker, medium rev’s, and it makes me look like a spinner!! It’s going to be fun finding new paths into the pocket! Remarkable ball!

billf
08-31-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm getting my Terror (and new Revenge) drilled tomorrow. I can't wait to get back in town to try it out. If I remember to grab the camcorder from the car I will post it.

AngeloPD
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I will be getting my revenge this tuesday, and hopefully i can use it that day on my first league. Got any advice on where i stand on the approach with the revenge?

billf
08-31-2012, 10:31 PM
You were standing at the 20 and aiming at the 15 with your Tropical, correct?

AngeloPD
08-31-2012, 10:37 PM
20 and aim at 10 with my freeze

billf
08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
I was close lol
Try 25 to 10 to start with. I know guys that have their break point with this ball at the 2 on a THS during league. Another words, don't be afraid, throw that SOB out there. It will come back, sometimes it just comes back via the gutter.

AngeloPD
08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
I meant Freeze Hybrid