PDA

View Full Version : Pin up Pin Down

Keithalw
08-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I have seen bowling videos where they are showing them throwing the ball either pin up or pin down... What is the difference exactly? I know supposedly pin up is above your finger tips and pin down is below. I also been told by a couple guys that the pin up goes long where pin down will start reacting early... any truth to this? I am just curious and btw if it is true pin up is above finger tips pin down is below then all my balls are pin up lol ... thanks for any answers

GeorgiaStroker
08-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, pin up means the pin is closer to the top of the ball and goes longer. Pin down means the pin is more towards the midline between the finger and thumb holes and the ball reacts sooner.

bowl1820
08-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Yes, pin up means the pin is closer to the top of the ball and goes longer. Pin down means the pin is more towards the midline between the finger and thumb holes and the ball reacts sooner.

Also you have to be careful, if you get the pin too low. You run the risk the ball will flare over the finger holes.
There's a "safe zone" which is located above an imaginary line drawn from the PAP to the middle finger

got_a_300
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
I have a couple of bowling balls drilled with the pin in
the finger holes one with the pin in the ring finger and
the other with the pin in the middle finger. I was going
for something in between an early reaction and a late
reaction. I use them when I run into some real wet heads
and mid lanes and super dry back ends and the other one
when the heads are soaked along with the mid lane and a
lot of carry down and on regular lane conditions I just use
my regular pin up bowling balls.

I'm tempted to drill one with the ricco drill / pin the the center