PDA

View Full Version : ROTO GRIP - DEFIANT EDGE Review

John Brodersen
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 0 oz, 3.31top weight, and 2 3/4-inch pin.

Using the dual angle method, the Defiant Edge was drilled with a 5 inch pin distance, 60 degree drill angle and a 30 degree VAL angle. Using Storm’s drilling methodology the layout is 5 X 4 3/4 X 2 3/8 pin buffer. An X-hole was not needed. The surface was left OOB which is 1500 polished.

The HP4 line Defiant Edge has the new Paragon core but with a little higher RG. It also has a polished pearl cover stock with a color scheme that resembles the pearl Cell. These changes are what make the Defiant Edge different from the original Defiant solid. I threw the Defiant Edge on a broken down 41 foot, 24 micro-liter house shot and had to start my targeting in around 22 to find some oil. When compared with a similarly drilled Defiant solid, the Defiant Edge was cleaner through the fronts and mid-lane (more skid and length) and had a stronger but very readable move off the friction on the backend. (The Defiant solid was reading too early and hitting flat.) The Defiant Edge also had great continuation through the pins. Hit and carry was very, very good considering where I was playing on the lane.

The Defiant Edge will be a great go to ball when your Defiant solid or other aggressive solid (Theory, Cell) is burning up and hitting flat.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff