PDA

View Full Version : ROTO GRIP - SCREAM Review

John Brodersen
09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 3 oz, 2.62 top weight, 3 1/2-inch pin.

The Scream, which is a polished pearl, was drilled using the dual angle method. The layout is a 4 inch pin, 60-degree drill angle and a 30-degree VAL angle. An x-hole was placed in the P2.75 location. Using Storm’s layout terminology the layout would be 4 by 5 with a 2 1/8 pin buffer. The cover was left OOB which is 1500 polished. The color scheme of the Scream is bright and eye grabbing

The pattern bowled on was a 41 foot, 24 micro-liter broken down house condition. I had used a Defiant Edge and a Berserk earlier and was playing around 22 with them. With the HP1 Scream, I was able to move my feet 11 right and my target 5 right to get closer to the friction and get to the pocket. The Scream was very clean through the fronts, cleaner than the Shout, on the broken down pattern. The Scream made a much stronger move than the Shout off the friction into the pocket. I would describe the move as a hard arc. The hit and carry was well above my expectations based on my experience with the Roto Grip planet balls. Compared to the Shout the Scream was a little longer and quicker off the break point. The overall all hook was about the same as the Shout, just a different motion.

The new Roto Grip HP1 lineup of the Scream and Shout will provide additional ball choices and motions for those lighter oil or broken down conditions.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff