PDA

View Full Version : ROTO GRIP - SHOUT Review

John Brodersen
09-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 2 oz, 2.89 top weight, 3 1/2-inch pin.

The Shout, which is a polished solid, was drilled using the dual angle method. The layout is a 4 inch pin, 50-degree drill angle and a 70-degree VAL angle. An x-hole was placed in the P3 location. Using Storm’s layout terminology the layout would be 4 by 4 3/8 with a 3 5/8 pin buffer. The cover was left OOB which is 1500 polished.

The pattern bowled on was a 41 foot, 24 micro-liter broken down house condition. I had used a Defiant Edge and a Berserk earlier and was playing around 22 with them. With the HP1 Shout I was able to move my feet 10 right and my target 5 right to get closer to the friction and get to the pocket. The Shout was very clean through the fronts even on the broken down pattern. The Shout made a smooth, predictable move off the friction into the pocket. The hit and carry, especially on light hits was well above my expectations based on my experience with the Roto Grip planet balls. Compared to the Scream the Shout was a little earlier and smoother off the break point. The overall all hook was about the same as the Scream, just a different motion.

The new Roto Grip HP1 lineup of the Shout and Scream will provide additional ball choices and motions for those lighter oil or broken down conditions.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff

Zothen
09-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Is the shout less hooking then the Track 300C?

Thanks,

Zothen

billf
09-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Thanks,

Zothen

Other than Motiv Girl, I've yet to see any of the staff posters reply to any questions.

John Brodersen
09-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Thanks,

Zothen

Zothen,

I have not thrown the Track 300C so I can only compare other reviewers values. Here are the comparable numbers from Bowling This Month Magazine.

300C length = 17 backend = 14 total hook = 44
Shout length = 16.5 backend = 14 total hook = 47

I would say length and backend are very similar with the Shout being an over all stronger ball.

Thanks.

JB

billf
09-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you for proving me wrong and giving an honest answer.