PDA

View Full Version : ROTO GRIP - SHATTER Review

John Brodersen
09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 2 oz, 2.54 top weight, 2 3/4-inch pin.

The Shatter, which is a polished pearl, was drilled using the dual angle method. The layout is a 4 inch pin, 70-degree drill angle and a 30-degree VAL angle. An x-hole was not needed. Using Storm’s layout terminology the layout would be 4 by 4 7/8 with a 2 inch pin buffer. The cover was left OOB which is 1500 polished.

Just like the prior releases at this price point (Shooting Star and Rising Star) the Shatter’s strength surprised me. But the Shatter’s strength is all in the backend of the lane. The pattern bowled on was a 41 foot, 24 micro-liter broken down house condition. I had used a Defiant Edge and Berserk earlier and was playing around 22 with them. With the HP2 Shatter I was able to move my feet and target slightly right and send it. The Shatter was extremely clean through the fronts on the broken down pattern. When the Shatter made its move to the pocket is was quick and angular. Hit and carry percentage were both very good.

If your looking for a ball to get down the lane and around the corner on medium and broken down patterns look no further than the new HP2 Shatter.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff