PDA

View Full Version : 300 Tattoo?

RoccoRock
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I've been thinking of getting a tattoo to commemorate my one (and probably only) 300 game. I can't decide if I want to make it obvious, or more subtle. I don't want it to look like I'm bragging about it, especially when thousands of people have bowled perfect games. There's plenty of people who bowl pefect games every week, and I don't see them with 300 tattoos. On the other hand, I'm proud of it, and I want the people who know me to see it. I was thinking if doing something medium sized, on my right arm. If I want to make it more subtle I'll put it on my leg. I may go this weekend, just trying to figure out what I want to do.

chrono00
09-06-2012, 04:11 PM
well lets start with..what exactly are you putting on you, regardless of where.

RoccoRock
09-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I was thinking of a 300, with bowling balls as zeros, and either put some flames around that, or a X behind it, or lighting coming off of it. Leaning tword the flames.

billf
09-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Keep the future in mind for location. Make sure a short sleeve shirt can cover it if need be or shorts if it's your leg. I have four but those who don't know me would never know.

chrono00
09-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I have four but those who don't know me would never know.

that's the idea i always had in mind. I only have 2. I like the idea of tattoos a lot, but i'm very cautious/indecisive about something that will be on me for the rest of my life, which is why i only have 2 instead of say...9.

and they are discreet enough ( upper right bicep, and right back/shoulder blade area) i've had a few people i've known for 4-5 years see me with a shirt off/tank top never know i had a tat on my back. and i've had that for about 9 years now

Stormed1
09-07-2012, 03:09 AM
I used to work with a guy that had a huge celtic cross on his back but you would never know or even suspect him of having one

floridanative772
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I have quite a few tattoos and my one rule is, none on my hands or neck. I work on cars so its not much of a big deal on my forearms and legs. If I ever have a job that it would make a difference they would most likely be covered in long sleeve dress shirt, hence none on my hands or neck. If you feel you would like to see that tattoo on your body for the rest of your life then go for it

RoccoRock
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
It's not so much about having an obvious tattoo. I may do flames up my entire arm at some point. It's just about the content, is it lame, or tacky to be sporting a 300 tattoo. Especially considering I've only done it once, and it was pretty much just blind luck.

RoccoRock
09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
One of the ideas I had was to do 12 X's on my arm. I'm starting to think thats the way to go.

backahead
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm an anti-tattite :) But supposing I wanted what you're talking about, 12 X's in a ring around your arm seems pretty sweet.

billf
09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
No more tacky than wearing a 300 ring. It's what's acceptable to you, not the rest of us.

Floridanative772, I'm also a tech but I despise long sleeves. Now that I also coach I wouldn't want to scare any kids of offend some dim witted adults with my tats showing. Even when I was a service manager I didn't wear long sleeves. Tie yes (yuck!!)