PDA

View Full Version : For no apparent reason I've been squeezing with my thumb

Ball99999
09-08-2012, 04:09 AM
All of a sudden recently I realized I'm holding the ball with my thumb. As if I'm suddenly afraid to drop the ball. Has this happened with anyone before?

striker12
09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
this has happened to me plenty of times the thing that got me out of it every time is i jsut say in my head dont grab the ball with my thumb but my fingers and it helps after a few frames then im back to normal for awhile.

Tampabaybob
09-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Sounds almost as though your thumb hole might be a little too big. Have you or do you use thumb tape? Some people don't like to use it, some do. Our hands are always changing just a little and a 64th of an inch can make a difference. I'd suggest trying that first and if you feel as though you're still "grabbing" the ball, have your pro shop check it out. maybe a change in thumb pitch will help. A slight difference can make a huge difference in how the ball feels.

Bob

Hot_pocket
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Yea actually the last time i practiced i felt myself grabbing the ball at the bottom of the swing you swelling must have went down in your thumb ...if you had tape in the thumb whole you will feel a difference once you took it out ...try using a risen bag or tape

panbanger
09-08-2012, 04:06 PM
This always happens to me my first few shots when I'm warming up. After a few shots though, I'm making sure that the ball isn't getting behind my hand and it's back to normal.

Fatal
09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I too am struggling with this.

billf
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I put some magic carpet in the bottom to make my thumb stay open. It's helped tremendously. I also use tape too get a snug fit.

AngeloPD
09-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm currently using magic carpet right now by Ron Clifton. you guys should give it a try, its working perfectly for me with the case of grabbing the ball