PDA

View Full Version : *MOTIV Primal Scream Video and Review*

MOTIVmags
09-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Primal Scream

Description: The Primal Scream is the third generation Primal and allows for the most overall hook potential in the line. The Primal Scream shares the same Whiplash coverstock as the recently released 2 Cruel, except that it is a solid version of the Whiplash coverstock, instead of a hybrid. Both, the 2 Cruel and Primal Scream also share the same 4000 wet sanded out of box finish. The Core in the Primal Scream is a modified version of the Primal Impulse core.

Reaction: The Scream changes direction faster than any of MOTIV’s previously releases. This ball is designed to create steep entry angles, so for those who feel that they don’t see natural big backend this ball will provide! This ball is best suited on medium conditions with the potential to really open the lane up. For
many, this will be the first ball out of the bag because of the ability to start and finish with it!

Comparisons: I experimented with polish over the box finish of the Primal Scream and 2 Cruel and the Scream was cleaner and stronger at the breakpoint. After some surface adjustments I preferred the polish over the box surface as I felt it gave me the full potential of the intended purpose of the ball. With my Primal Scream polished I can see it filling a void and getting a lot of use when my Sigma Tour is lacking length or too smooth. My Primal Impulse tended to be too clean to use regularly and although it had recovery it is not near the recovery and torque the Primal Scream provides.

Summary: This ball allows MOTIV to have a very well rounded lineup. The Primal Scream combines predictability and angularity. This one wasn’t designed for one condition or bowler style, everyone will find the Primal Scream beneficial!

YouTube Video:
http://youtu.be/q_0Crw50mbo

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan