View Full Version : Storm Fire Road Ball Review

PJ Haggerty
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Storm Fire Road

PAP : 4 ½ & ½ up
Rev Rate: 400-425 rpm
Ball Weight: 15lbs
Right Handed

This ball is one I was definitely excited for when I heard it was coming out. The Virutal Gravity coverstock with the Road core? Sounds like a home run to me. The coverstock definitely slows down the energy in this ball which makes it very controllable down lane. I have had a hard time using this ball on a lot of fresh patterns, which makes sense. But when I have to get in and hook it, this ball is one of the best out there.

The one I use the most has the pin drilled through the middle finger with a small shift and a hole approximately two inches below my axis. This drilling makes it a 5 x 3.5 and was roughed up to 2000 with approximately 50 games on it. This ball is in my bag at all times because I am confident as soon as the pattern breaks down and a spot develops down lane to throw it to, this ball will come alive!

I feel like this ball will be great on longer/heavier volume patterns as well as medium/house patterns. The response time might be a little too quick for shorter patterns, but nonetheless it’s going to be a home run for a lot of players. If you feel like a Victory Road pearl, Crossroad, or Fringe are too quick off the spot, the Fire Road will be a perfect fit! If you feel like this ball is still too clean/quick off the spot, take the shine off with a Storm Abralon pad (2000/3000) and it will read the mid-lane stronger and smooth off that down lane reaction!

Go drill one! You won’t be disappointed!
Check out Stormbowling.com for more information!