PDA

View Full Version : Rough Buff?

edpup316
09-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Any of you fine gentlemen use some form of "Rough Buff"? i need some and i would rather get your guys opinions.

EDIT: The actual question im really trying to get at is what is the difference between Rough Buff (there are other brands i know so i use "rough buff" as just a general term) and polish?

got_a_300
09-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Yes I use Rough Buff when I need a little shine on any
of my bowling balls or when the factory finish has it on
the ball to start with out of the box and after I bake out
the oil and I do a refinish on the ball.

bowl1820
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Any of you fine gentlemen use some form of "Rough Buff"? i need some and i would rather get your guys opinions.

EDIT: The actual question im really trying to get at is what is the difference between Rough Buff (there are other brands i know so i use "rough buff" as just a general term) and polish?

Brunswick Rough Buff is not strictly a "Polish" it's what was called a fill in glaze. It will take a ball sanded at 320 to 1000 grit.

Originally there was APP's Heavy duty cleaner which then became Track's Clean'N Sheen which is the same thing.

Now some OOB's call for it usually followed by Powerhouse Factory Finish.

edpup316
09-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Brunswick Rough Buff is not strictly a "Polish" it's what was called a fill in glaze. It will take a ball sanded at 320 to 1000 grit.

Originally there was APP's Heavy duty cleaner which then became Track's Clean'N Sheen which is the same thing.

Now some OOB's call for it usually followed by Powerhouse Factory Finish.

Right on thanks! I have one more question that might sound kinda silly. How you lightly polish a ball? Do you use less then the normal amount of polish, dont press as firmly when polishing or apply only one coat? I have a ball spinner btw.

got_a_300
09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
To apply a lighter coat of polish I use a little less polish and
spray a small amount of water onto the polish cloth so the water
and polish are mixed and use a lot less pressure when applying
the polish on the ball. If I want a real deep shine and a lot of
length on the ball with a wicked back end then I will spray water
on the cloth and use a lot more polish and really put the pressure
on and really burn the polish into the balls surface.

bowl1820
09-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Right on thanks! I have one more question that might sound kinda silly. How you lightly polish a ball? Do you use less then the normal amount of polish, dont press as firmly when polishing or apply only one coat? I have a ball spinner btw.

Pretty much any of those ways or how got_a_300 suggested would work. Just a matter of of preference.