PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Primal Scream Review and Video

Mappa
09-15-2012, 12:26 AM
I had heard the buzz about the MOTIV Primal Scream… about it being clean through the fronts, and a super strong angular back end finish. Even though I had high expectations, I’d have to say I was still surprised how strong it is. I drilled mine up with a layout of 70* x 4 1/2 x 40*. When you play deep inside angles, you need to have confidence that your ball will recover when you hit your spot. The Primal Scream is just that ball for me. That confidence allows me to be firm with my speed when I’m in there around the 4th / 5th arrow, without worrying that the ball will blow through the breakpoint. Here is a video of me throwing the Primal Scream. In this video I also throw the Primal Instinct, 2 Cruel and Ascent Pearl for comparison purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3eAB0IfCOA

As you can see in the video, this ball has a pleasing crisp shape on the backend. When I hit the pocket thin with the Primal Scream – the pins really mix well… when other balls may leave a 2 pin, or worse – a 2-8-10.

As all tournament bowlers know, you need to have a strong piece that allows you to play deep when the lanes are trashed. This is the best ball I’ve thrown that gives me that look. Or, if you just bowl in a house shot league and are looking for a ball that will make an aggressive move down lane to wow your friends, either way this is the ball for you.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff